SC Primary Ballots (Congressional)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:10:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  SC Primary Ballots (Congressional)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC Primary Ballots (Congressional)  (Read 2495 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2010, 05:47:13 PM »
« edited: April 19, 2010, 06:22:34 PM by True Federalist »

South Carolina Law calls for no primary to be held if only one candidate filed, so those races aren't listed here.  The only interesting primaries here are the Republican primaries for House Districts 1, 3, and 4.  SC-1 and SC-3 are open seats that the Republicans will win in November.  (If it had been a good year for Democrats, they might have been able to pick up SC-1, but not this year.) As such, it's no surprise that there are so any contenders.

In SC-4, Inglis has run afoul of the tea partiers over his bailout vote, and could actually lose the primary.  As of the last campaign finance reports, he had a barely $60,000 fund-raising lead over his biggest opponent, 7th Circuit Solicitor Harold W. "Trey" Gowdy, III.  (The 7th Circuit covers Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties, while the Fourth District covers Greenville, Spartanburg, Union, and a smidgen of Laurens.) For an incumbent to have so little a cash advantage has to be worrying.

I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of the above races head to a runoff, or the meaningless three-way battle to see which Republican loses to Clyburn in District 6.  (The only logical reason I can see for a Republican to be interested would be if they are laying down markers for 2012 in hopes that they will be in the reestablished 7th District.)

Senate

Democratic
Alvin M Greene
Vic Rawl

Republican
Jim DeMint
Susan McDonald Gaddy

House 1

Democratic
Robert D Burton (also the Working Families Party candidate, but because of SC's loser law, if he loses the Democratic primary, he won't be on the ballot in November)
Ben Frasier

Republican
Carroll Campbell
Ken Glasson
Katherine Jenerette
Larry Kobrovsky
Mark Lutz
Clark B Parker
Tim Scott
Paul Thurmond
Stovall Witte

House 2

Republican
Phil Black
Joe Wilson

House 3

Democratic
Brian Ryan B Doyle
Jane Ballard Dyer (also the Working Families Party candidate, but because of SC's loser law, if she loses the Democratic primary, she won't be on the ballot in November)

Republican
Richard Cash
Neal Collins
Jeff Duncan
Joe Grimaud
Rex Rice
Frank Michael Vasovski

House 4

Republican
Trey Gowdy
Bob Inglis
Christina Jeffrey
Jim Lee
David Thomas

House 6

Democratic
Gregory Brown
James E Jim Clyburn

Republican
Nancy Harrelson
Colleen Payne
Jim Pratt
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »

I'd be surprised if more than one race is interesting here this year.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »

South Carolina's Congressional races will pretty much all be boring come November, except possibly SC-5, since if the economy doesn't start showing signs of recovery, State Sen. Mulvaney might be able to deny Spratt his final term in the House.  (Between redistricting and Spratt's admission that he is in early stage Parkinson's, I strongly doubt Spratt will run for reelection in 2012.)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 07:44:26 PM »

Oh my. The Jenerette saga continues.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 01:19:25 PM »

Are you referring to John Jenrette, who in no relation and doesn't even have the same last name?

Not that Katherine Jenerette doesn't have some serious baggage in her own husband.  I'll leave the sordid details to those who like to dig up dirt.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »

Are you referring to John Jenrette, who in no relation and doesn't even have the same last name?

Not that Katherine Jenerette doesn't have some serious baggage in her own husband.  I'll leave the sordid details to those who like to dig up dirt.

I was referring to Katherine and Van, active freepers who have run in about a dozen vanity campaigns in the past decade between the two of them.

I remember her saying that the Jenerette from a decade ago was a cousin of her husband's, but I could have been wrong.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »

I'll be interested to see if Inglis, who's been striking a "sane conservative" note of late, goes down to Trey Gowdy.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies