On the issues compass...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:50:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  On the issues compass...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: On the issues compass...  (Read 12755 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2006, 08:22:18 PM »
« edited: December 18, 2006, 09:53:50 PM by adam »

Personal Score   39%      
Economic Score    65%

Moderate-Conservative

EDIT
I just took the quiz after the reading the definitons, slight change.

Personal Score   42%      
Economic Score    74%

Same spot on the map.
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2006, 09:22:30 PM »

been a few years since I took this one.  I noticed they changed a few of the questions, but overall it hasn't changed since I first discovered it about six years ago.

I scored 88, 50:

The thing is, the questions are written and scored in such a way that it optimizes Libertarian groupings.  As if we're all gun-nuts and plutocrats.  (just kidding, John.)  Ah, well, its purpose is recruitment for the LP, and as such it probably does a good job if it's well-publicized and linked to the appropriate propaganda.  And it is, in a very subtle way in fact.  "Political Map and some content from Advocates for Self-Government."  with an embedded link to self-gov.org appears at the bottom, so it has the potential to be a useful recruitment tool for them.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2006, 12:12:23 PM »

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2006, 04:59:35 PM »

I find that my Left/Right score on the Political Compass test matches very well with this one.  On that test I score zero, which is exactly in the middle, and on this one I do as well.  Actually, all things considered I am very much a Centrist so those tests, along with some others, do put me in the middle of the US political spectrum.  I'm just wondering if you find that too.  For example, Storebought and Adam score 70 on that axis, which I would imagine correspond to roughly +3 or +4 on the political compass test.  Have either of you taken that (rather lengthy) test and if so do your scores correspond to a small positive number?
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2006, 04:17:35 AM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2006, 02:19:46 PM »

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2006, 03:56:45 PM »

I don't like this question:

"Permit Prayer In Public Schools"

I'm strongly in favor of PERMITTING it. I'm against it being organized. According to the link, it appears to be more about 10 Commandments in schools and organized prayer, in which case I hit oppose. It still should've been worded better.

Also didn't like this one:

"Allow Churches to Provide Welfare Services"

Of course they should be allowed to. What's being asked though is more of as if we should abolish federal welfare and let churches replace it altogether. In which case I am strongly opposed.

That said:

Personal Score  68%   
Economic Score  6% 

Populist-Leaning Liberal

I had the exact same problems with the same questions.  Prayer should not be sanctioned in schools as long as it is individual and voluntary.  Churches should also be allowed to provide welfare services, just not with tax-money.

Personal:  70%
Economic:  20%

I put no opinion on the church welfare and prayer in schools because of those issues. 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2006, 02:49:23 AM »

Depending on which screen you take the quiz at you get different result
Personal Score    81%    
Economic Score    10%    

Same exact questions, but going to the Senate 2004 page, and clicking on Political Philosphy from that page

You scored the following on the PoliticsMatch questions:

Personal Score    95%    
Economic Score    4%    

Slight difference in questons, but I have noticed the difference in the past

If you go to the quiz page and click on 2006 Senate, and choose politcal philosphy on the that page

Personal Score    95%    
Economic Score    0%    

Not the only oddity, but one of the strange things I noticed, is that the linking Human Rights to trade with China (which  I listed as no opinion) on the main page if you support it your score decreases on the social scale (nore socially conservative) and your social score increases (more socially liberal) if you oppose it.  However if you were to click on the  Senate 04 page, and use the political philosphy gauge on there, your economic score decreases if you support it (more economically liberal) and increases if you don't (more economically conservative).

Thats not the only difference just the one I noticed.  Also some of the questions if you list just support it gives you the same scoring as strongly support on some questions (and oppose and strongly oppose as well)

Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2006, 12:39:01 PM »

Your Score

You scored the following on the PoliticsMatch questions:

Personal Score    22%    
Economic Score    22%
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2006, 06:15:19 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2006, 06:17:37 PM by thefactor »

Eh, some of these questions are really old, so the answers don't apply:

I don't like this question:

"Permit Prayer In Public Schools"

I'm strongly in favor of PERMITTING it. I'm against it being organized. According to the link, it appears to be more about 10 Commandments in schools and organized prayer, in which case I hit oppose. It still should've been worded better.

Also didn't like this one:

"Allow Churches to Provide Welfare Services"

Of course they should be allowed to. What's being asked though is more of as if we should abolish federal welfare and let churches replace it altogether. In which case I am strongly opposed.

That said:

Personal Score  68%   
Economic Score  6% 

Populist-Leaning Liberal

I had the exact same problems with the same questions.  Prayer should not be sanctioned in schools as long as it is individual and voluntary. 

Thanks guys... I had the exact same problem with the school prayer question.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2006, 06:42:42 PM »

I find that my Left/Right score on the Political Compass test matches very well with this one.  On that test I score zero, which is exactly in the middle, and on this one I do as well.  Actually, all things considered I am very much a Centrist so those tests, along with some others, do put me in the middle of the US political spectrum.  I'm just wondering if you find that too.  For example, Storebought and Adam score 70 on that axis, which I would imagine correspond to roughly +3 or +4 on the political compass test.  Have either of you taken that (rather lengthy) test and if so do your scores correspond to a small positive number?

The last time I took the political compass, I believe that my fiscal score was something around +4.3, so yes - it would be fair to say that they correspond.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies