I quit smoking tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:32:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I quit smoking tonight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I quit smoking tonight  (Read 2224 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »

It boggles the mind that people start up in the first place. 

smoking is SO cool in high school.  incalculably.

No need for sarcasm.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 01:15:10 PM »

I never thought I'd hear you utter these words.  Tongue
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 02:48:06 PM »

Dont worry Mike, I'll smoke for you.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

Good luck to you.

Agreed. Why anyone would put a cigarette in their mouths, smoke it and think, "hmm, that was good, I think I'd like another," is beyond me. Addictive properties I understand, but those hardly kick in after one smoke, and I'd like to know why anyone who is "starting" to smoke thinks that initial taste of absolute sh**t in their mouths is worth repeating enough to become addicted.

Anyway, good decision, Mike. Don't start up again.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 11:44:02 PM »
« Edited: April 23, 2010, 12:30:22 AM by Mark Sexgod Warner »

Good luck to you.

Agreed. Why anyone would put a cigarette in their mouths, smoke it and think, "hmm, that was good, I think I'd like another," is beyond me. Addictive properties I understand, but those hardly kick in after one smoke, and I'd like to know why anyone who is "starting" to smoke thinks that initial taste of absolute sh**t in their mouths is worth repeating enough to become addicted.

Anyway, good decision, Mike. Don't start up again.

Just like I would like to know why people think the initial taste of sh*ty overpriced Starbucks coffee is worth repeating enough to become addicted to.
It's all subjective.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 12:27:58 AM »

If I had my way, any American who smoked even one time would forever lose his/her citizenship.  There would be a list of non-smoking foreigners who wanted so badly to be US citizens who could be given citizenship one-at-a-time to replace each smoker we demoted from our great society.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 12:37:33 AM »

If I had my way, any American who smoked even one time would forever lose his/her citizenship.  There would be a list of non-smoking foreigners who wanted so badly to be US citizens who could be given citizenship one-at-a-time to replace each smoker we demoted from our great society.

Seriously? I think cigs are super nasty and think they should be heavily taxed, but this is f'ing absurd.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 12:41:48 AM »

Seriously? I think cigs are super nasty and think they should be heavily taxed, but this is f'ing absurd.

Oh, and cigarettes should also be made MORE dangerous so that they kill people before they start having kids and passing on the smoking-susceptibility gene.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 12:47:45 AM »

If I had my way, Mississippi would be carpet-bombed and any remaining white survivors would be put into concentration camps and slowly starved to death.

Just cuz they're from Mississippi and thus obviously backwards and dangerous to human progress.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 01:19:57 AM »

If I had my way, Mississippi would be carpet-bombed and any remaining white survivors would be put into concentration camps and slowly starved to death.

Just cuz they're from Mississippi and thus obviously backwards and dangerous to human progress.

Ask not what Mississippi can do for you...

Ask, what you should do to Mississippi...

Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 02:05:56 AM »

Good.  I hope you never lapse back into it.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 06:53:06 AM »

Good luck to you.

You've decided how you will feel before you've even tried it. The first time I had a cigarette I had no real expectations. Granted, my experience wasn't great fun or terribly nauseating, but it wasn't bad enough to make me never try it again nor great enough to immediately try another. Like any solid addiction it takes time and practice! If I cared enough to quit, I would, but I enjoy the nicotine high genuinely, even though it only comes when you smoke in moderation.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 04:35:25 PM »

Ask not what Mississippi can do for you...

Pride.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 05:58:16 PM »

Good luck to you.

You've decided how you will feel before you've even tried it. The first time I had a cigarette I had no real expectations. Granted, my experience wasn't great fun or terribly nauseating, but it wasn't bad enough to make me never try it again nor great enough to immediately try another. Like any solid addiction it takes time and practice! If I cared enough to quit, I would, but I enjoy the nicotine high genuinely, even though it only comes when you smoke in moderation.

What kind of a sheltered do you think I am? I HAVE tried it, and it tastes like ass. Plus, the taste doesn't go away ... it's on your fingers and in your mouth for hours.

Then again, if you eat sh**t for long enough, you start to get used to it. I suppose smoking is no different.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 06:48:40 PM »

My great-great grand kids will grow into a world where the euphoria of tobacco smoking comes from a tiny tablet that dissolves on the tongue, I'm sure.

The hope is that they'll just be smoking weed, but that sounds cool too.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies