Office of Dallasfan65
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:37:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Dallasfan65
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Rating?
Approve

Disapprove

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Office of Dallasfan65  (Read 5441 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 09:58:19 PM »

In keeping with transparency in government, I'd like to update my constituents whom don't venture into the Atlas Fantasy Government Board on what legislation I've passed.

The Safe Scallops and Clean Clams Act - Regrettably, the name was changed, but this bill was signed into law with little opposition.
The Equality in Healthcare Act - No opposition. Smiley
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 07:26:25 PM »

With this, I announce that I am running for a second term as Northeast Senator.

Since my victory in June, I've worked hard and sponsored several pieces of legislation in the Senate, most of which have passed (one is pending, but hopefully, will have passage.) However, I believe I have more work to do, and will be continuing to work on legislation and be a productive voice in the Senate.

That being said, I am also announcing that if elected, it will be my final term in the Senate. I've had a blast doing it, but Senator is a duty, not a career. I have always felt that we Senators age like milk, not like wine, and languishing in the office for too long would be a disservice to the Northeast, and a disservice to Atlasia. I only hope I have done good enough to once more receive the consent of the governed. With that, Dave bless the Northeast, and Atlasia.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »

Endorsed to the max! Cheesy
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 11:15:38 PM »

Well, since it appears I have lost, I would like to congratulate my opponent.

Being as how I no longer have the consent of the governed, I have resigned my Senate seat in advance.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 12:04:14 AM »

Being as how I no longer have the consent of the governed, I have resigned my Senate seat in advance.

Cry
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 12:08:55 AM »

Cry

Your support helped make it close - and don't worry, I'll still be posting on the forum, though probably more of a spectator than a participant.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 12:15:11 AM »

Cry

Your support helped make it close - and don't worry, I'll still be posting on the forum, though probably more of a spectator than a participant.

Hmm, well, you didn't need to resign though. You still have the consent of the governed from last time when you were elected to a four-month term.

But I guess you need time to think over what your future plans will be?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2010, 12:21:55 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2010, 12:24:49 AM by Dallasfan65 »

Cry

Hmm, well, you didn't need to resign though. You still have the consent of the governed from last time when you were elected to a four-month term.

Yeah, but my defeat for re-election made it apparent the region didn't wish to have me. I wouldn't feel justified voting as a lame-duck.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Being a private citizen. Tongue

As they say, "Defeated generals make poor heroes." I have no future plans to bear the standard for our party.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2010, 12:32:19 AM »

Cry

Yeah, but my defeat for re-election made it apparent the region didn't wish to have me. I wouldn't feel justified voting as a lame-duck.

As they say, "Defeated generals make poor heroes." I have no future plans to bear the standard for our party.

Well Abraham Lincoln, Grover Cleveland, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan all lost races and then won next time. John Raese and Pat Toomey lost elections before but now are polling ahead in their current races.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 12:41:51 AM »

Cry

Well Abraham Lincoln, Grover Cleveland, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan all lost races and then won next time. John Raese and Pat Toomey lost elections before but now are polling ahead in their current races.

Now you're just giving me too much credit. Tongue

If for whatever reason I change my mind, I'll run for office again, though it seems pretty unlikely at this point. I haven't much to offer.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2010, 09:37:14 AM »

It's too bad you lost to a liberal who barely ran a campaign. You were a very fine Senator, and one of the bright spots in the right wing of Atlasia. I look forward to seeing great things from you in the future! Smiley
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »

You did a terrific job in the Senate, and you will be truely missed. You certainly were an active and fair member, and I'm sure most will agree with me on that. Best of luck to you in the future friend.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2010, 04:07:30 PM »

It's too bad you lost to a liberal who barely ran a campaign. You were a very fine Senator, and one of the bright spots in the right wing of Atlasia. I look forward to seeing great things from you in the future! Smiley

You did a terrific job in the Senate, and you will be truely missed. You certainly were an active and fair member, and I'm sure most will agree with me on that. Best of luck to you in the future friend.

I appreciate the kind words, guys.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »

Tonight has been very redeeming in comparison to this weekend - though I lost, Han was overwhelmingly elected Governor, and I have been very proud of his accomplishments thus far. I'm confident he will be a good leader in driving the Northeast forward, and I hope I can consider myself part of his "Team" if you will, in revitalizing activity in the Northeast.

I must wish outgoing Governor Rowan well and thank him for certifying the results in the Northeast, but there is still some work to be done. Provided he swears in, Lieutenant Governor Fezzyfestoon must create a new "Northeast Proposed Legislation Thread" (In accordance with SOAP) and hold a vote for Speaker. Then we can really get the ball rolling.

I was first appointed to the legislature in January, and served with some great Representatives. Most of them have moved on - Libertas to Senator, Kalwejt to Vice President, Dr. Cynic to SoIA (presumably), cinyc (hopefully he will have a position in the Northeast by month's end), Mr Moderate to CJO, etc. Activity has been in the doldrums these past few months, but I have high hopes that we can really push the Northeast forward, and I hope my colleagues in the next session will do their best to do so - I can say I will.

Defeat can be discouraging, but as they say, a phoenix arises from the ashes. To those that wrote me in in the last election, you have my gratitude.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »

Provided he swears in, Lieutenant Governor Fezzyfestoon . . .

#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »

Well, it's usually custom to re-swear in upon re-election, though I'm not sure it's necessary.

Even if it is a pointless formality, I'd rather he do it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 04:42:54 AM »

"Barely"? I think you're giving me a little too much credit there.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 08:11:37 AM »

I was first appointed to the legislature in January, and served with some great Representatives. Most of them have moved on - Libertas to Senator, Kalwejt to Vice PresidentMidwest

Fixed.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 06:21:37 PM »

I'd like to give my constituents an update on what's going on in the Northeast Assembly. Since it has been moved to the Regional Government childboard, and out-of-sight for the average Northeast citizen, I may be doing these more often.

A constitutional amendment is well on it's way towards being passed in the Northeast Assembly - every Representative seems to be in favor, it's only a matter of making sure this passes at the voting booth.

Also, Representative Wormyguy has made a motion to impeach Lieutenant Governor Fezzyfestoon - once the vote on the Constitutional Amendment ends, I'll give the Lieutenant Governor the floor to testify in defense of himself - and I advise him to do so.

With all that being said, I'd like to unveil my banner:

Grin
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 06:22:57 PM »

I like how Ththforu is using word "liberal" as an insult.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »

Who's Ththforu?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »

Who's Ththforu?

Typo.

I said I like when you use a word "liberal" as an insult.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 06:32:44 PM »

Play nice, boys. Tongue
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2010, 01:12:29 AM »

Notice to Northeasterners:

I will now be using the "Original Post" Section of this thread as a noticeboard for what the Northeast Assembly is currently doing - it will be updated on a regular basis, but not necessarily bumped everytime, so just keep an eye out.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »

Who's Ththforu?

Typo.

I said I like when you use a word "liberal" as an insult.

Well, let's be honest - on this forum, liberal is a pretty bad thing, given the type of person who tends to subscribe to that ideology here.

Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies