Denver Post: HHS audit says health overhaul will increase costs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:21:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Denver Post: HHS audit says health overhaul will increase costs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Denver Post: HHS audit says health overhaul will increase costs  (Read 1011 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: April 28, 2010, 02:17:26 AM »

So we're spending 1% more to cover 34 million more people? Sounds good to me.

Sounds terrible to me.  Most of those people already have "health care".    Government mandated "insurance" is not "health care" - nor a great way to lower costs.  When somebody else pays, costs go up because the person receiving the benefits doesn't care about costs.  Ultimately, things that are not rationed by price are rationed in other ways - usually by time, or worse, by one's connections to scumbagger politicians.

Let's call this "health care" "reform" what it is - a handout to Democrat interest groups that benefits very few others, subsidized on the backs of the so-called rich (but ultimately, all of the productive class, since that goose can't lay a golden enough egg) to the detriment of the real economy outside of the Beltway.  That's why it was a tough sell in Washington. 

A sane person disagrees with the healthcare policy and maturely points out it's flaws while agreeing with the merits of expanding healthcare to everyone and agreeing that the intentions are good but the approach is flawed.

An insane person manages to find a conspiracy theory in healthcare policy by trying to declare an evil plot to give healthcare to favorable voters to enrich their political party.

I'll leave it up to the good people of Atlas to decide which you are.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies