Don't trust the census
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:20:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Don't trust the census
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Don't trust the census  (Read 1686 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »

I mean, they're obviously trying to ruin North Carolina's chances of gaining a seat because it's Republican.  It was a black girl who came to the door, she must answer to Obama.
All important question -was she hot?

Unfortunately not.  That would have changed everything.

I told her I live in my apartment "seasonally" for school and she just left.  But I wasn't counted at home either, so I'm invisible.
Did she say bye...?

Nope, she said, "well that was easy" and just walked away.

You know what I don't get: how do they know what percent turned their forms in if they haven't finished the census yet?  How do they know how many people are left if they haven't been counted?!
Umm, if they sent out 10 forms, and have 7 back, then 7/10=70%.

And what do you mean you were "skipped," what did you tell the census person?
Umm...not every house has people in it.  See Detroit.  Send out 10 forms, you might only get one back and that could be 100% participation.  Not everyone has stable housing.

I told her I live in my apartment "seasonally" for school and she just left.  But I wasn't counted at home either, so I'm invisible.
That's a mistake on the census taker's part - students are supposed to be counted where they're currently living during the school year.

But as to the second thing, the census has thought of this.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
from http://2010.census.gov/2010census/take10map/#PRate

Ah, interesting.  Thanks!

And yeah, I remember from when I was filling out the form my parents got in Jersey that I should be counted here.  I should have just filled myself out on my parents' form.

I just got skipped over, there's one more person in North Carolina than they say.
More money for the good states, I s'pose! Wink
They made us do them here at the college...who isnt gonna answer to creepy old men stalking kids around campus? The Census form has to be better than whatever else he had in mind for me.

Hehe, true. Smiley

They tried to make us do it, but didn't bother actually giving us forms...so no one did.  Smart.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 08:28:19 AM »

After working for them only a week, they are now do everything possible to screw my mom over. They came up with a new rule that you can't go out till after 4 PM. My mom is freest in the mornings and was planning on doing three hours yesterday and today.

They do everything possible to make sure you don't last. The Census jobs at least are a scam.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies