What would 2012 election look like if...............
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:30:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What would 2012 election look like if...............
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What would 2012 election look like if...............  (Read 3878 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 10:56:04 PM »

He definitely won't win Arizona now. Most ppl there are there legally and approve of the new law. However, I do think Obama would've beaten the other GOP candidates in Arizona in 2008 that weren't named John McCain.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 11:23:34 PM »

Jed Bartlett 2nd term like victory due to outstanding performance in debates if the Republican nomination is more of a radical...*coughpalincough*
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 11:38:29 PM »

Who is Jed Bartlett?
DS0816
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 01:03:49 AM »

...Obama didn't have an affair...WTF?

If the scenario is like that the first post...

Agree but would give Nebrasa #01 to Obama. It would essentially be the outcome of shifting his 2008 U.S. popular-vote margin of 7.26% to additional ten points.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 06:33:37 AM »

Obama isn't going to win AZ, nor is he going to win MO, I think it is CO, NV, OH and either FL or VA...

You are exactly right there, but I don't like his chances in any of those. 
impactreps
dcushmanjva
Rookie
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 10:17:29 PM »

The President in "The West Wing"
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 10:47:37 PM »

how would the "oil effect" help him Louisiana?

because he's not a Republican

In the public eyes Republican=Oil$$$

In LA now Oil=BAD

In the end, it will probably have no effect on LA's GOP trend. Its not like the GOP was in charge when it happened and the only way it could effect them is if they were in charge and botched the response. I don't think anyone beyond the enviro-fascists think we should stop oil production and drilling offshore. The stopping of that would hurt LA and MS more then this spill will.  And people in LA realize that. However the GOP shouldn't be hesistant to demand accountability and some further regulation as some insurance just in case there is some slippage in the GOP trend.

Nice sarcasm by the way. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 10:55:13 PM »

Haven't seen you in a while, you should really post more. Smiley
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 11:06:01 PM »

I love how nothing is Obama's fault in the press. The oil spill is Obama's Katrina. If I didn't know better and watched the coverage of Katrina, I'd think Bush caused it on purpose. Btw, Obama joking about LA rain in a time of disaster is not funny. I found it grossly offensive.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2010, 07:54:01 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2010, 11:52:52 AM by pbrower2a »

I love how nothing is Obama's fault in the press. The oil spill is Obama's Katrina. If I didn't know better and watched the coverage of Katrina, I'd think Bush caused it on purpose. Btw, Obama joking about LA rain in a time of disaster is not funny. I found it grossly offensive.

BP Corporation gets the fault for the oil rig catastrophe much as Massey Energy Corporation gets culpability for the recent coal mine catastrophe in West Virginia -- and for a bungled response. Hurricanes give much more warning to public officials than do coal mine explosions and oil rig failures.

Nobody says that Dubya caused the hurricane any more than Jimmy Carter gets blamed for the eruption of Mount St. Helens,  but he certainly handled the disaster ineptly. BP Corporation tried to shift blame in an effort to reduce the PR problem. That is ultimately bad business and bad administration.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 09:55:49 AM »

I'm not blaming anything on Obama. I'm being ironic about how Bush was perceived by the media after Katrina.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 08:50:02 PM »

The oil spill is Obama's Katrina.

How? The crisis was the result of an energy company's incompetence. Public anger is being directed at BP, not the Government.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »

I'm not blaming anything on Obama. I'm being ironic about how Bush was perceived by the media after Katrina.

Right-wing media such as FoX treated Dubya with kid gloves. The rest either were waiting for an opportunity in which to excoriate a President that they did not like or followed the leader as things broke badly for him.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 12:01:05 PM »

GOP gets Congress in 2012, no they won't the dems will net lose 21 seats in the House and keep the Senate, 2012 is more likely scenario that the GOP win Congress with all the states the Dems have to defend.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »

The best thing that could happen for the GOP is for them to win 215 House seats and 50 senate seats. That takes Obama's argument that they are stopping popular legislation while actually being able to do so. However, with the amount of potential attacks we've had, Times Square, Fort Hood, Christmas Day, the unemployment rate, Obama's arrogance, his position on immigration, the health care catastrophe, and his teleprompter, I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP had a veto proof majority in the House and 52 or 53 in the Senate.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies