Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble). (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:05:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble). (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble).  (Read 15500 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: May 05, 2010, 10:24:42 PM »

DSCC is now wasting money trying to save Specter. Ugh.

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2010/05/dscc_investing.php

I'm starting to think this could end up really close.

That was probably the deal that was made when Specter switched, and voted for HCR as part of his side of the bargain, etc.  I have this intuition that Specter is more interested in political survival than ideology. He is a very practical man.

Nah, he was always decidedly left of center for the GOP. And as the GOP has steadily moved further and further right, it was a race between retirement and him leaving the party.

Ya, that is Specter's side of the story I admit. Color me cynical. The ironic thing in any event as to timing, is that the next Senate will have more moderate GOP Senators.

Eh, maybe.  Its hard to say exactly how moderate Hoeven will be.  Castle will be moderate, but Voinovich is leaving.   I don't think Kirk will win when its all set and done.

However, keep in mind the PA Republican electorate became much more conservative.  Specter's strongest base was moderates in suburban Philadelphia.  The Party registration changes in Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware and Chester counties were simply immense.  Specter's old school moderate suburban base simply left the party in droves.  FTR, I am pulling for Sestak and would vote for him if I was in PA.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:15:42 AM »

I think the leads for the GOP in PA,OH,and IL is due to lack of GOP opposition in the primary more than anything else and the Dems having had to fend off the primary challenger.  The RNC did a very good job of getting the GOP to unite behind one candidate.

I think it will be more likely for the Dems to split the Gov race and Senate race in all three states than the GOP sweeping both offices.

What lead in Ohio??  Fisher has led the last three polls and four of the last five.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies