Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble). (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:45:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble). (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Specter-Sestak debate gets ugly (and new polling shows Specter in BIG trouble).  (Read 15488 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 08, 2010, 01:03:08 PM »

Good points. Personally, I'm just dreading the possibility that he might be the second coming of Rick Santorum - a Republican who campaigns as a moderate to get elected, then immediately drives off to the far right afterward.

Naw, Toomey isn't like Santorum. He's more conservative.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 03:19:53 AM »

I think the leads for the GOP in PA,OH,and IL is due to lack of GOP opposition in the primary more than anything else and the Dems having had to fend off the primary challenger.  The RNC did a very good job of getting the GOP to unite behind one candidate.

I think it will be more likely for the Dems to split the Gov race and Senate race in all three states than the GOP sweeping both offices.

What lead in Ohio??  Fisher has led the last three polls and four of the last five.

Come on, just keep telling the Republicans that their 70 seat gain in the House and 10 seat gain in the Senate are inevitable.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 01:34:34 AM »

There is also a new Rasmussen poll out that shows Toomey and Sestak tied in the general while Toomey leads Specter by double digits. Any Democrat who votes for Specter in the primary at this point needs their head checked.

Has the DSCC stopped pissing away money here (and Nebraska)?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 02:13:54 AM »

First competent decision the President's made in months. He's just sank Specter's boat.

I know, Obama doing something competent is shocking.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 02:36:32 AM »

As an active duty staff member and not having a horse in this race, I will happily say that the Department of the Navy as a whole was glad to see Sestak go.  Dem operatives in Philly will gladly concur with what was common knowledge on the waterfront; he's a major league A-hole.  I won't pick on his politics because I know and love many on the Left.  Personally, though, he's a prick, but then again, so is Specter.

Hard for me to cry if either goes down in flames.

And then against asshole Toomey, only one asshole will be left standing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies