Will Other States Lose Representatives if Puerto Rico Becomes a State? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:10:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Will Other States Lose Representatives if Puerto Rico Becomes a State? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Other States Lose Representatives if Puerto Rico Becomes a State?  (Read 1159 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: May 03, 2010, 11:25:33 PM »

Ernest hit the nail on the head.  The House would temporarily be expanded to 441, then shrunk back to 435 for the 2020 reapportionment.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 11:28:14 PM »

It is what it is.  I'd like a bigger house, but that's not going to happen, and I fail to see why the admission of Puerto Rico would be a good reason to do it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:34:49 PM »

It is what it is.  I'd like a bigger house, but that's not going to happen, and I fail to see why the admission of Puerto Rico would be a good reason to do it.

All they'd have to do is repeal the Reapportionment Act of 1929, but the ignorance of the governed ensures that that would never happen.

Apathy might be a better word than ignorance.  I have a feeling that even if you told the public that, they'd just say, "You want more sleazy Congressmen living off our tax dollars?"

Because the American people hate Congress as an institution.  Sad
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies