Office of former Governor Oakvale: Adios, all, and thank you! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:23:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of former Governor Oakvale: Adios, all, and thank you! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of former Governor Oakvale: Adios, all, and thank you!  (Read 18730 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« on: November 27, 2010, 05:06:23 PM »

I made a few edits, what do you all think?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I like these changes.  However, I believe we should try to decide whether all Councilors will be elected at once or if we're going to have one seat open every two months.

A 100% majority to override the governor's veto?  This really gives the executive branch way too much power.

No offense to the executive branch.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »

With election day upon us - I'll be opening the voting booth at 9:00 PM - I thought I'd say a few words about why I think Archangel and I deserve re-election. It's true we're fortunate enough to be running unopposed, but we're not going to take your vote for granted. Smiley

You may not have agreed with all the things we've done as a team, but I think making the Lieutenant Governor a somewhat useful position, creating the useful and interesting role of Pacific Justice, and - touch wood - breathing new life into the legislature - and my succesful push for a dedicated regional board is work that we as a region can be proud of. I've said time and time again that increasing activity is the goal of my administration, and I think it's fairly evident that we're making major strides in that field.

As Governor, I've had a consistent record of putting policy before politics - I've worked closely with my friend and gubernatorial colleague Tmthforu in the Education Caucus, and found myself occasionally siding with the unlikely ally and friend that is Jbrase in the legislature. At the same time, I've worked closely with staunch liberals like Antonio V - who, incidentally, really deserves your vote for the at-large Senate election - and former Justice fuzzybigfoot, and vowed to veto a bill which would restrict a woman's right to choose.

Furthermore, I'm greatly looking forward to (hopefully) the new legislature, and can't wait to work with our soon-to-be-elected Councillors.

One more thing - I couldn't have done any of what I've achieved without my friend ArchangelZero. A visionary, dedicated public servant, Archangel has quietly and diligently kept the Pacific sections of the wiki updated, taken on the thankless and unforgiving task of drafting the legislature amendment, and I couldn't have asked for a better Lieutenant Governor. It's no exaggeration to say that my administration owes many of its achievements to him. Smiley

So, there you have it - that's my case. Vote Oakvale/ArchangelZero! Grin

Endorsed!
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 01:10:16 AM »

I'll run for Pacific Council. 
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:17:03 AM »

Thanks!  Cheesy
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 01:26:59 AM »

Just a few words -

Well, it's been an eventful few months. I never expected to be Governor, and, indeed, was only elevated to this position by a fluke - Ebowed was appointed to the Supreme Court. I won't be around much in the next few days - busy with the "holidays" - but we've had an unusually active time in the Pacific lately, and I'm very proud that the legislature amendment passed - I couldn't have asked for a better start to what will be my second and final term as Governor. Smiley

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, Happy Festivus, everyone! Tongue

EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies