1960-2008: United States Parliament
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:44:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  1960-2008: United States Parliament
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 1960-2008: United States Parliament  (Read 5363 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 06:49:48 PM »

Thoughts?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »

Should I continue or is it getting old?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 12:02:15 PM »

See, the idea of this thread is really great, one of the best IMO (I'm even planning to start my own thread on this topic), but it seriously lacks a few things (maps, comments) that would make it more interesting to follow.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 12:13:41 PM »

I enjoy this TL, but I agree with Antonio. You should give us more details on what the Parliament is doing that differentiates it from RL. For instance, give us some details on how Eugene McCarthy as Prime Minister would be different from LBJ as President. How do these changes affect international events?

And of course, maps would be good, too. Wink

All in all, I think this is a solid concept, but it just needs more meat to make in interesting.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 06:35:45 PM »

1972-1976 PM Gerald Ford's Term:

Major Happenings
- Christian Party and DPM John Schmitz threaten to start a coalition with the Liberal Party unless PM Ford ends War in Vietnam. Troops pull out in late 1973. Conservative MPs angry with Ford that he backed down to Christian demands.
- Reform and Progress Party stages protests outside of schools in south that have yet to be desegregated. On May 5, 1974, a major riot takes place in Jackson, MS resulting in the death of 57 African Americans and supporters of desegregation, 19 police officers, and 7 supporters of segregation. A Black MP from the Conservative Party MP and African American Parren James Mitchell of Maryland switches his alliance to the Reform and Progress party, backing a Liberal-RP coalition.

More to come!
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 08:54:01 PM »

1972-1976 PM Gerald Ford's Term:

Major Happenings
- Christian Party and DPM John Schmitz threaten to start a coalition with the Liberal Party unless PM Ford ends War in Vietnam. Troops pull out in late 1973. Conservative MPs angry with Ford that he backed down to Christian demands.
- Reform and Progress Party stages protests outside of schools in south that have yet to be desegregated. On May 5, 1974, a major riot takes place in Jackson, MS resulting in the death of 57 African Americans and supporters of desegregation, 19 police officers, and 7 supporters of segregation. A Black MP from the Conservative Party MP and African American Parren James Mitchell of Maryland switches his alliance to the Reform and Progress party, backing a Liberal-RP coalition.

More to come!

This is good. Keep it coming!
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 08:35:59 AM »

Continuation of PM Ford's Term

- PM Ford's coalition passes strict national laws banning recreational drugs such as marijuana, mushrooms, LSD, etc.

- Inflation continues to rise to unprecedented levels. Liberal Spokesperson Eugene McCarthy says that the "do-nothing" policies of the Conservative-Christian alliance will "drive America's economy so far into the ground that we will discover domestic oil!" This speech sticks with the American people, and many begin to protest outside of the Conservative headquarters in Washington DC.

-Christian MPs designed a piece of legislation which would require buyers of contraception to be at least 18 years of age. They threaten to join the Liberal-RP coalition if the Conservative do not support this law. Reluctantly, Conservatives vote for the American Families Act, and this law is passed. Americans across the country are shocked. Reform and Progress Spokesperson Shirley Chisolm said that the Christian Party is aiming to "Christianize America, one household at a time. And the Conservative Party is allowing this extremist take over to happen." PM Ford makes a speech to the American people essentially apologizing for this vote that his party was forced to make.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 11:49:12 AM »

Would anyone like me to continue this?
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 11:59:24 AM »

Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 12:08:42 PM »

Yes, please do.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »