Obama Nominates Elena Kagan to be Next Supreme Court Justice
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:38:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama Nominates Elena Kagan to be Next Supreme Court Justice
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Obama Nominates Elena Kagan to be Next Supreme Court Justice  (Read 9420 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2010, 02:15:06 PM »

Well the media won't question Obama, so no worries there.

Then you don't watch. Anything. After watching Countdown and Maddow last night I got plenty of anti-Kagan opinion.

Yeah, Olbermann is not a happy man it seems.......
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2010, 03:55:01 PM »

The articles today make it seem like it's going to be an uphill battle.......we'll see.

From Mike Allen to my email inbox today:

Three Republicans did not vote: Cochran, Ensign and Graham. Of these, Graham is gettable, but it would be tough to envision either of the other two Republicans voting for her.

A lot will depend on what happens in the June 8th primary here.  If Gowdy upends Inglis in SC-4, Graham may feel like he needs to cast a symbolic vote against Kagan, and you can bet that Graham certainly won't agree to being the lone Republican to break a filibuster no matter what happens in the primary.

That said, I'm doubtful that the GOP will attempt a filibuster of her unless they can get bipartisan support for a filibuster.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »

If Kagan is confirmed then Washington governor Christine Gregoire is the favorite to replace her as Solicitor General, in which case there will be a special gubernatorial election in November.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/05/12/gregoire_considered_to_replace_kagan.html
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2010, 02:29:16 PM »

If Kagan is confirmed then Washington governor Christine Gregoire is the favorite to replace her as Solicitor General, in which case there will be a special gubernatorial election in November.

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/05/12/gregoire_considered_to_replace_kagan.html

What are the chances that someone is floating this rumor to keep Rossi from jumping into the Senate race?
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »

We haven't heard much of this lately. Has it be drowned out by other issues or is she just really dull?

When are the hearings scheduled?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2010, 07:23:47 AM »

We haven't heard much of this lately. Has it be drowned out by other issues or is she just really dull?

When are the hearings scheduled?

I don't think the hearings are for a while yet since they're going through volumes of papers.......but I'm bored with the Kagan stuff anyway.   Let's get it done and move on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies