Anyone notice anything?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:24:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anyone notice anything?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone notice anything?  (Read 1326 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:34:38 PM »

Former Vice President Dick Cheney has been silent since the oil spill started 3 weeks ago even as Halliburton was being grilled on Capitol Hill today along with BP.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 05:45:25 PM »

Former Vice President Dick Cheney has been silent since the oil spill started 3 weeks ago even as Halliburton was being grilled on Capitol Hill today along with BP.

Suprise, suprise...
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »

He only comes out of his cave when it comes to declaring that Obama is putting Americans in danger by not torturing and spying as much as he did. 
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 06:57:57 PM »

He's too busy managing the construction of the Death Star.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »

Notice how the president hasn't even mentioned the 11 oil workers who were killed in the blast?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:29:34 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2010, 06:10:56 AM by Lunar »

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »

Have you noticed that Cheney hasn't worked for Halliburton for a decadeRoll Eyes
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 07:58:53 AM »

Have you noticed that Cheney hasn't worked for Halliburton for a decadeRoll Eyes

Yeah, seriously, get over it, kids.

Besides Obama supported offshore drilling......why would Cheney disagree with that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 05:48:04 PM »

I know he hasn't, but it sure is fun to take jabs at him!!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »

Notice how the president hasn't even mentioned the 11 oil workers who were killed in the blast?

BZZZZ WRONG.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 12:50:19 AM »

I wasn't even aware anyone was killed in the blast until I read your post. The media has done a really lousy job on this story, from all angles.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 12:50:56 AM »

BZZZZ WRONG.

Where?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 02:07:31 PM »

Unfortunately for your attempted jab, Halliburton wasn't involved with this incident.  Therefore, your jab doesn't come across as funny, let alone relevant.  Maybe next time....
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 02:24:26 PM »

Unfortunately for your attempted jab, Halliburton wasn't involved with this incident.  Therefore, your jab doesn't come across as funny, let alone relevant.  Maybe next time....

You might wish to check the news.  Halliburton was the subcontractor responsible for the pouring of the cement at the well.  It may well be that they didn't do anything that contributed to this disaster, but they certainly were involved.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »

You might wish to check the news.  Halliburton was the subcontractor responsible for the pouring of the cement at the well.  It may well be that they didn't do anything that contributed to this disaster, but they certainly were involved.

Shall we involve the plumbers who installed the toilets on the rig?  Tongue
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 02:45:11 PM »

Only if flushing all of the toilets at once might have been a cause of the disaster.  Improper handling of the cementing of the well may have been a contributing cause of the failure.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 03:06:13 PM »

Only if flushing all of the toilets at once might have been a cause of the disaster.  Improper handling of the cementing of the well may have been a contributing cause of the failure.

I'm sure there will be plenty of blame to go around.........Of course the report about combustible gas in the lines is the latest buzz.......BP went ahead supposedly knowing about it.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »

Seeing the exchange between Smash and StatesRights, it took me about 90 sections of research:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-oil-spill

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »

Seeing the exchange between Smash and StatesRights, it took me about 90 sections of research:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/remarks-president-oil-spill

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thanks, was actually going to post the video when I saw states's response last night, but as I was about to do so the site went down for a bit and couldn't post it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies