Who was responsible for 9/11?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:59:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Who was responsible for 9/11?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Who was responsible for 9/11?
Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda

other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Who was responsible for 9/11?  (Read 4702 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 08:43:19 PM »

What could Bush Jr. have done to prevent it within the 8 months he was in office?

Read the damned memos?  Did his damned job?
The thing is, how could he know that it was going to be at the World Trade Center? He didn't know when or where this was going to happen.

His memo explicitly mentioned hijacked planes and that al-Qaeda wanted to strike somewhere within the U.S. That should have been enough for him to increase security at all U.S. airports.

Yes, but the thinking then wasn't the same as it is now about that issue. Before 9/11 we never had such a serious attack.

Pearl Harbor?
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 08:43:37 PM »

What could Bush Jr. have done to prevent it within the 8 months he was in office?

Plus he could have just, you know, not ordered the attacks in the first place.

He didn't order the attacks. Bin Laden did.

Of course he did too, but bin Laden's lower down on the Chain of Command between Bush and al-CIAda.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »

Of course he did too, but bin Laden's lower down on the Chain of Command between Bush and al-CIAda.

You cannot possibly be that stupid?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 08:45:56 PM »

You cannot possibly be that stupid?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult your heroes George W. Bush and Dick Cheney.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 08:53:55 PM »

The thing is, how could he know that it was going to be at the World Trade Center? He didn't know when or where this was going to happen.

The memos explicitly mentioned hijacked airplanes.  If he had increased airport security, they most likely would have been caught.

Libertas, you honestly believe the President of the United States ordered the murders of 3,000 American citizens?  I mean, I'm no fan of Bush, but...

I suppose it's slightly believable that Bush ignored the attacks in order to invade Iraq...But to order them?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 09:08:11 PM »

The memos explicitly mentioned hijacked airplanes.  If he had increased airport security, they most likely would have been caught.

Libertas, you honestly believe the President of the United States ordered the murders of 3,000 American citizens?  I mean, I'm no fan of Bush, but...

I suppose it's slightly believable that Bush ignored the attacks in order to invade Iraq...But to order them?

Um, Bush ordered over 6,000 Americans to their deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan; why is him ordering the demolition of the World Trade Center so surprising?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 01:12:55 AM »

I love how I made this kind of as a joke and Libertas took the opportunity to become a self-parody.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 09:22:34 AM »

I had a reply that was all "in before TEH JEWS" but I imagine someone's already beaten me to it.

Uh, so, anyway, obviously I believe Bin Laden et al were responsible, seeing as how I'm not a crackpot.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 09:33:52 AM »

Well all the Jews called in sick the day it happened...lol

stop making things up
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »

I love how I made this kind of as a joke and Libertas took the opportunity to become a self-parody.

LOL, this thread is a parody of how this forum is stuck in 2002.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 11:51:03 AM »

Al Qaeda
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »

Woodrow Wilson.  Had we not given aid to Britain during WWI, we wouldn't have gotten involved militarily.  Even if Germany lost in the end, the peace terms would be far less harsh.  Hitler never rises to power, which means no World War II, no American interventionism, no Cold War.  Which means no U.S. support for Israel, and no Operation Ajax, which means no anti-U.S. sentiment in the Middle East, which means nobody willing to fly a plane into one of our buildings.

But really, it was Al Qaeda who committed the actual attack.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 03:30:28 PM »

Woodrow Wilson.  Had we not given aid to Britain during WWI, we wouldn't have gotten involved militarily.  Even if Germany lost in the end, the peace terms would be far less harsh.  Hitler never rises to power, which means no World War II, no American interventionism, no Cold War.  Which means no U.S. support for Israel, and no Operation Ajax, which means no anti-U.S. sentiment in the Middle East, which means nobody willing to fly a plane into one of our buildings.

But really, it was Al Qaeda who committed the actual attack.

*facepalm*
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »

As much as I enjoy bashing Woodrow Wilson, even I find that a bit of a stretch. There are plenty of other paths history might have taken to establish a State of Israel in the latter half of the 20th Century. The Ottoman Empire was going to collapse with or without a defeat in the World War.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »

Alexander Hamilton
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 04:34:14 PM »

Anyone who claims it was done by anyone other than Al Qaida/Osama/Islamists should not be allowed to have children.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 10:45:33 AM »

That's right, the vast majority of Americans now believe that the government ordered 9/11. It's not like DailyKos has banned such conspiracy theories and bans anyone who posts them. Or DU segregates them all in one forum and slowly bans any promoters of them. It's a very widespread and mainstream view.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 10:50:52 AM »

Reductionism doesn't prove that you're intelligent. Rather, it outs you as an idiot.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 10:54:25 AM »

That's right, the vast majority of Americans now believe that the government ordered 9/11. It's not like DailyKos has banned such conspiracy theories and bans anyone who posts them. Or DU segregates them all in one forum and slowly bans any promoters of them. It's a very widespread and mainstream view.

So, should we adopt the DailyKos standard and ban the person who started this thread? Wink
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 11:50:10 AM »

As much as I enjoy bashing Woodrow Wilson, even I find that a bit of a stretch. There are plenty of other paths history might have taken to establish a State of Israel in the latter half of the 20th Century. The Ottoman Empire was going to collapse with or without a defeat in the World War.

I know that.  I wasn't being entirely serious, but it does seem like World War I was the beginning of a sort of historical chain of events.  At least Hitler may not have come to power, and there wouldn't have been a World War II as we know it.  World War II represented the major change in our foreign policy, that led to quagmires like Iraq and Afghanistan.  However, such a POD would potentially lead to other changes, so it's not clear that we'd still have a non-interventionist foreign policy.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 09:56:38 PM »

Well, then, you can blame the Austrian government for starting World War I, can't you?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »

Well, then, you can blame the Austrian government for starting World War I, can't you?

What is with you and these snarks against me?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 11:58:38 PM »

What is with you and these snarks against me?

Because, and I don't want to speak for Xahar, your historical Dominoes game is insane.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2010, 12:55:28 AM »

The 9/11 truthers planned the 9/11 attacks and then formed their 9/11 truther club and blamed Bush to make it sound like he did it for political gain when really it was the 9/11 truthers all along. Prove me wrong!
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2010, 01:05:31 AM »

No, you can blame Russia for stepping in for Serbia and making WWI engulf all of Europe. It would have been a regional war if Russia didn't step in to fight Austria.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies