Opinion of Nick Clegg
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:32:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Nick Clegg
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Nick Clegg
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: Opinion of Nick Clegg  (Read 3514 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 03:57:33 PM »

That is a bit surprising coming from you.  I thought he was supposed to be a traitor to the "progressive" cause now.

A conservative government tempered by the liberal democrats is better than a conservative government allowed to do whatever it wants. Policy-wise, the LibDems gave up very little; in return they got the Tories to drop a bunch of their more disgusting policies (the inheritance tax cut for the rich, for example) and support for some of their policies (a IRV referendum and raising the tax threshold so that the first £10,000 is untaxed).

My thoughts exactly.

Plus he just seems like a good guy.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »

That is a bit surprising coming from you.  I thought he was supposed to be a traitor to the "progressive" cause now.

A conservative government tempered by the liberal democrats is better than a conservative government allowed to do whatever it wants. Policy-wise, the LibDems gave up very little; in return they got the Tories to drop a bunch of their more disgusting policies (the inheritance tax cut for the rich, for example) and support for some of their policies (a IRV referendum and raising the tax threshold so that the first £10,000 is untaxed).

What about dropping the immigration amnesty? And Trident?! I'd say thsoe were pretty massive.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 06:28:59 PM »

The LibDems have accepted the Tory economic policies, fwiw. Which is big, especially right now. There's a reason why Cable looked as though he'd died inside when he was introduced (on telly) to his new Department.

---

Oh, and the answer is something along the lines of 'typical bourgeois tool'.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 10:03:12 PM »

another capitalist; I hardly care!  it's all an act.  if the latest doesn't convince you of that I hope the next thing will.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies