MI Gubernatorial race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:55:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI Gubernatorial race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI Gubernatorial race  (Read 602 times)
dmmidmi
dmwestmi
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:21:31 AM »

The filing deadline has passed. The Republican field is down to five candidates, and the Democrat field is down to two. Alma Wheeler Smith dropped out of the race earlier this week: http://www.freep.com/article/20100511/NEWS06/5110323/State-rep-Alma-Wheeler-Smith-drops-out-of-governor-s-race

I can't even count the number of times I've seen this ad: http://mikecox2010.com/video/mike-cox-bridges.html

A couple of thoughts on that ad...

-In the long term (looking towards the general election), is it wise to criticize Hoekstra's support for the GM bailout?
-Will his staunch opposition to the Health Care bill alienate or attract voters in the general election?

Aside from Rick Snyder, I have not seen any of the other candidates' TV ads, and I was wondering if anybody else has. It's my understanding that Pete Hoekstra has been airing ads, but I've yet to see one...strange considering I live in the West Michigan TV market.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 07:28:24 AM »

Who doesn't love Cox?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 07:41:12 AM »

One-term Republican Rep. Joe Schwarz is considering running as an independent; his decision deadline is today. If he decides to do it, he'll need to collect 30,000 signatures in two months. Michigan has never had an independent qualify for Governor before.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies