Charles Kennedy did not vote for the National Government
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:08:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Charles Kennedy did not vote for the National Government
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Charles Kennedy did not vote for the National Government  (Read 1850 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2010, 06:54:27 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/16/charles-kennedy-coalition-views
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 09:17:03 PM »

Sounds like someone's a little bitter they didn't get to play government.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 10:47:29 PM »

I'm with Kennedy on this one.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 01:31:32 AM »

He's still under the influence. He'll reget it once he realises.

On a serious note, I'm glad to see there is a member within the Lib Dem caucus that hasn't sold out.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 01:57:56 AM »

I know I am just guessing like everyone else, but I brought this up/suggested it would happen several times on election night and was panned.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 03:39:07 AM »

I know I am just guessing like everyone else, but I brought this up/suggested it would happen several times on election night and was panned.

True.

Kennedy still pissed Clegg signed the letter demanding he step down?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 06:41:10 AM »

Kennedy still pissed Clegg signed the letter demanding he step down?

Unfortunate choice of words.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 07:13:05 AM »

Charles Kennedy is a man of principle Smiley. Mind you, so that's right-leaning liberal 'Orange Book' elitist Angry Nick Clegg and can't condem any man for following his own subjective whims and preferences

I'm minded to join the Lib Dims/Dums (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) and fight the good fight to save it from within. That said I've recruited 4 disgusted former LD voters to my branch, thus far Smiley

I don't mind the Tories; at least, I know where I stand with them. As for their junior coalition partners, they have left me no choice but to show them no mercy. I'm not having Clegg attack Labour for betraying its progressive values in government when social justice and positive rights matter to every inch of my party's being
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 09:08:11 AM »

Doesn't sound like he's going to defect anytime soon. Sad
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 04:42:42 PM »

Charles Kennedy is a man of principle Smiley. Mind you, so that's right-leaning liberal 'Orange Book' elitist Angry Nick Clegg and can't condem any man for following his own subjective whims and preferences

I'm minded to join the Lib Dims/Dums (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) and fight the good fight to save it from within. That said I've recruited 4 disgusted former LD voters to my branch, thus far Smiley

I don't mind the Tories; at least, I know where I stand with them. As for their junior coalition partners, they have left me no choice but to show them no mercy. I'm not having Clegg attack Labour for betraying its progressive values in government when social justice and positive rights matter to every inch of my party's being

I'm sure Nick Clegg is very, very scared of you.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 03:12:22 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Apparently the UK has already moved to a federal system without telling anyone.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »

Oh for crying out loud, get over your infantile infatuation with some right-leaning 'Orange Book' liberal elitist because coming from someone to my left (i.e. more progressive), it's rather disheartening Sad

That lot when in control of my district council hiked charges for city care for the elderly while reducing the level of service Angry
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 05:56:38 AM »

Oh for crying out loud, get over your infantile infatuation with some right-leaning 'Orange Book' liberal elitist because coming from someone to my left (i.e. more progressive), it's rather disheartening Sad

Infatuation? Not here. I simply think the man was put in a complicated situation that he tried to make the best of and I don't think that you all are being fair to him.

My specific comment you quoted was related to your rhetoric about how you are going to "show them no mercy" which made me laugh because you are, well, some guy who posts on an internet message board and they're a national political party. But that's neither here nor there.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 09:27:36 AM »

Infatuation? Not here. I simply think the man was put in a complicated situation that he tried to make the best of and I don't think that you all are being fair to him.

My specific comment you quoted was related to your rhetoric about how you are going to "show them no mercy" which made me laugh because you are, well, some guy who posts on an internet message board and they're a national political party. But that's neither here nor there.

I'm, intensely, politically active in the real world and my tactics moving forward will be to show the Yellows no mercy. I've encountered several prominant local Yellows, post-Coalition, who, personally, I've always got on rather well with only for them to glance (unable to look me straight in the eye) and get out of my path like scalded dogs

I've also recruited four former Yellows (one member, 3 voters) to my Branch Smiley. Perhaps on the road to Damascus they've discovered their party is not what they thought it was
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 09:48:59 AM »

Yeah; but in local politics. There is a difference. Tongue
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 10:29:36 AM »

Yeah; but in local politics. There is a difference. Tongue

I intend to hit them, locally, for being in the 'Coalition', which I've every intention of attacking from the left, the right and the centre .... with relish Smiley

I'm not having Clegg running his mouth accusing my party, when in government, of betraying its progressive values when positive rights and social justice are ideals that my party holds within every inch of its being.

The pragmatically centre-left party, of course, was influenced by the "cult of neoliberalism" - that failed and discredited ideological God of the Right Angry. The 'Crash of 2008' proved that
Tuck!
tuckerbanks
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: -6.70

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 06:18:44 PM »

The pragmatically centre-left party, of course, was influenced by the "cult of neoliberalism" - that failed and discredited ideological God of the Right Angry. The 'Crash of 2008' proved that

Stop saying this, seriously. It's not only deceptive but grating. No one rational would fall for that thinking.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies