Palin Leads 2012 Colorado Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:28:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Palin Leads 2012 Colorado Race
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Palin Leads 2012 Colorado Race  (Read 3972 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »

Right the media is ready to tear her apart because she is an energetic conservative. They will hand it to her worse than Bush. Wait til 2020 when things blow over and then put her in.

Can you accept that a resolute conservative, just like a resolute liberal, can be completely unfit to hold high public office because of character and intellectual inadequacies? Sarah Palin, who has let her husband (an oil company employee) sit in on state negotiations involving the enterprise for which her husband is employed. That is as blatant a conflict of interest as could exist.

That's not true, we are a center right nation.

Not sure what you mean by a "center right nation".  How do you define where on the political spectrum the "center" is?  By the median voter in the world?  The median voter in the US?  If the latter, then of course the US is "centrist" by construction.

He means that, if broken down to the fundamental level, more voters will prefer right-wing policy to left-wing policy within the United States. It has nothing to do with averages or medians, simply policy.

My point is that "right wing policy" and "left wing policy" is all relative.  What counts as right wing in some countries at certain points in time would be left wing in other countries at different points in time and vice versa.  There is no universally agreed upon definition of where the "political center" is, and thus no agreed upon definition of what counts as "right of center" or "left of center".

Now, you could say that the US being a "right of center country" means that the political median in the US is to the right of the political consensus in Europe, but that could still be true even if you had Obama-style Democrats winning elections and dominating the political landscape for decades, so I'm not sure that that's a terribly useful definition.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 06:52:24 PM »

Uh, you guys do realize that Obama leads her by a 50-43 margin?

Which makes her the poorest polling GOP candidate. In every poll I've seen, Palin is the only candidate Obama gets a majority against. Considering political partisanship and Obama's unpopularity, this makes 50-43 look very bad for her.

And no, Palin would not work out west at all. Romney is the perfect western candidate, I doubt Palin can win over the moderate libertarians.
Ronald Reagan
Spl2
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 07:05:07 PM »

Sincere question - how is Obama in 2008 anymore qualified than Palin would be in 2012? They both are relatively new to the national political scene. I don't like Palin, but I don't see how Obama is so much more qualified.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 07:19:42 PM »

I don't like Palin, but I don't see how Obama is so much more qualified.

He's the incumbent President and did not screw up massively anywhere yet.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 08:42:56 PM »

I don't like Palin, but I don't see how Obama is so much more qualified.

He's the incumbent President and did not screw up massively anywhere yet.

He clearly said Obama in 2008, before he was president. For me, Obama was not qualified, but was intelligent enough for the job. Palin, no. Unfortunately, the trailer parks love their politicians as dumb as they are.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »

I'm interested in seeing how both parties do in Colorado in 2012. It's consistently been to the right of the nation by a small margin like Florida, Missouri, and Virginia are now, but in 2008 it was to the left. Right now it's looking like it's going back like VA but we'll see.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 09:49:09 PM »

She'd be decimated. Of course, this is to believe that the numerous polls about her are correct.

I agree Palin would be decimated, and deservedly so.  My point is, though, she would still win more than 8, 17, or 13 electoral votes.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2010, 10:06:07 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2010, 10:08:18 PM by President Thomas E. Dewey »

She'd be decimated. Of course, this is to believe that the numerous polls about her are correct.

She would take Alaska.  She would likely take Mississippi, possibly not Arkansas.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2010, 10:18:10 PM »

I think that we are misunderestimating her and the absolute rage that is taking place throughout our country at Obama. Didn't ya'll see the results, what happened to Specter? Palin would win over Obama if the election were held today and I don't need to see polls contradicting me to keep my view.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 10:30:46 PM »

I think that we are misunderestimating her and the absolute rage that is taking place throughout our country at Obama. Didn't ya'll see the results, what happened to Specter? Palin would win over Obama if the election were held today and I don't need to see polls contradicting me to keep my view.

You make a good point about anti incumbency, however, when it comes right down to it, Palin is simply not believable or credible as the leader of the free world, nor would she be accepted as such by the electorate.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »

Is the Republican Party really deluded to the point where they would vote for someone like her?  God, I'm sure she's a nice lady and all but do you really look at this woman and think leader of the free world?  What do you people even look for in a candidate?  I mean, Romney's a douche but at least I could say he probably understands policy and has an idea of what to do in terms of the economy.  It might not be the direction I agree with but I wouldn't be hightailing it for Canada as I would if Palin were ever President.  

Whatever, rant over.  Nominate Palin so Obama can achieve the greatest landslide in American Presidential Election history.  

I agree that Palin is obviously completely unqualified for the Presidency, but I doubt very much Obama vs Palin would come close to any of these historic elections as far as the magnitude of defeat goes.

1936  Roosevelt vs Landon (As Maine goes so goes Vermont)

1972  Nixon vs McGovern

1984  Reagan vs Mondale

True. The biggest landslide in American history is a bit too far off.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 03:40:52 AM »

She'd be great out west. Don't misunderestimate her.

...not unless she goes back to spring 2008 version of Palin
Which was when her approvals were in the 90's...
Huh

She can't. She's gone too far to the right and become much too partisan.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2010, 06:01:35 PM »

Huh

no such thing as too far to the right in this country unless you're talking about a cult leader or nazi. Palin is neither.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »

Huh

no such thing as too far to the right in this country unless you're talking about a cult leader or nazi. Palin is neither.

Nazis are not conservatives, they are facists. The GOP platform is not government control of the economy
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »

Huh

Nazis are not conservatives, they are facists. The GOP platform is not government control of the economy

Well said, and right now Obama is trying to have the government run privately owned businesses which is fascism.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »

Huh

Well said, and right now Obama is trying to have the government run privately owned businesses which is fascism.

yes I do agree with that
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2010, 03:36:07 PM »

You make a good point about anti incumbency, however, when it comes right down to it, Palin is simply not believable or credible as the leader of the free world, nor would she be accepted as such by the electorate.

Neither is Obama, which is why an adult like Mitch Daniels will run, the facade of Obama shall fall and Obama will be decimated in 2012.  Both Obama and Palin are too immature to hold high office.  Obama is a 12 year old who doesnt take responsibility for his messes.  I like Palin, her family and her views, but she brings herself too much trouble and would bring the country too much trouble by polarizing us like Bush again and bringing about a democrat more evil than Obama.  The only thing that will do the trick is sound fiscal, intellectual conservatism. 
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2010, 08:17:25 PM »

Neither is Obama, which is why an adult like Mitch Daniels will run, the facade of Obama shall fall and Obama will be decimated in 2012.  Both Obama and Palin are too immature to hold high office.  Obama is a 12 year old who doesnt take responsibility for his messes.  I like Palin, her family and her views, but she brings herself too much trouble and would bring the country too much trouble by polarizing us like Bush again and bringing about a democrat more evil than Obama.  The only thing that will do the trick is sound fiscal, intellectual conservatism. 

MITCH!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies