Giuliani to visit NH (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:25:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Giuliani to visit NH (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Giuliani to visit NH  (Read 3780 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: May 18, 2010, 03:46:54 PM »

Hooray!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:34:17 AM »

I'd be uncomfortable with Guiliani as the GOP nominee.

And for good reason. He's detestable.

What makes you say that?

Rudy Giuliani hates our freedom.

How so? I'm not a big fan of him either but I'd like to hear exactly why ppl are so against him. I have my differences with him on abortion and guns.

"We look upon authority too often and focus over and over again, for 30 or 40 or 50 years, as if there is something wrong with authority. We see only the oppressive side of authority. Maybe it comes out of our history and our background. What we don't see is that freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do."
--Rudy Giuliani

That quote is very Locke-esque, actually. We gave up our freedoms to entire society for the promise of collective security, but I'm not here to get into a philosophical discussion right now. Tongue

There's nothing wrong with that quote. In a sense, he's dead on.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 12:39:32 AM »

Perhaps you do. But you'll find in most political philosophical ideologies, we will never been in a state of freedom unless the state is destroyed. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be out in the woods fending for myself. I don't mind ceding some of my liberties for the security I get from them. The only flaw in Locke's argument is that, in his mind, you should be free to leave civil society easily if you don't like it's laws, and you can't leave the US if you don't like it that easily.

Sorry, i had to go there. No more philosophy from me. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 12:44:12 AM »

Fair enough. That's the last political theory discussion you'll get out of me for a while! I hated that class when i took it last semester!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:49:46 AM »

I just realized how bad some of the sentences are that i typed. This iPad is a piece of work, and it makes me seem crazy with some of the wording i used thanks to the intelligent typing corrector.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies