PA Governor's Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:32:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA Governor's Race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA Governor's Race  (Read 922 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 19, 2010, 08:37:16 AM »

Onorato thumped everyone and hard....which did surprise me.  I thought Jack Wagner would give him a run for his money since he holds a high profile state office.

Corbett has his hands full.....big time.  Onorato has really turned Allegheny County around, and he has steadfastly refused to raise taxes, and even had to have the Court order him to do a re-assessment of properties because he refused, citing it as a back door tax increase.

I think Corbett could have taken Wagner, but I'm far less confident he can take Onorato.

It's gonna be fun.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 08:46:59 AM »

Who are you supporting?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 09:01:13 AM »

Onorato thumped everyone and hard....which did surprise me.  I thought Jack Wagner would give him a run for his money since he holds a high profile state office.

Corbett has his hands full.....big time.  Onorato has really turned Allegheny County around, and he has steadfastly refused to raise taxes, and even had to have the Court order him to do a re-assessment of properties because he refused, citing it as a back door tax increase.

I think Corbett could have taken Wagner, but I'm far less confident he can take Onorato.

It's gonna be fun.

In fairness, Grumps, there is that 10% drink tax Onorato got passed (which my dear father complains about almost every time I visit).

Mind you I believe it was preferable to a property tax increase, and also think Onorato has done a fine job as County Exec, and will do a similarly good job if elected governor.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 09:01:28 AM »

Honestly, I'm not sure.  One of the few times I don't know at this stage of the game.  Just being Attorney General isn't enough for me I'll tell you that.  

I'm going to read Corbett's "plan" on his website.  Onorato is a total prick, but maybe that's what we're missing in Harrisburg.

Right now, Holmes, I'll say "lean Onorato".
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 09:02:53 AM »

It's gonna be fun.

In fairness, Grumps, there is that 10% drink tax Onorato got passed (which my dear father complains about almost every time I visit).

Mind you I believe it was preferable to a property tax increase, and also think Onorato has done a fine job as County Exec, and will do a similarly good job if elected governor.

Well the tax is rolled back to 7% I think, (but don't quote me).  One of the few times a tax has gone down.  But given the level of my alcohol consumption vs your Dad's, tell him to quit whining!  Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:05:52 AM »

It's gonna be fun.

Well the tax is rolled back to 7% I think, (but don't quote me).  One of the few times a tax has gone down. 

No, you're right now that I double-checked.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

lol. I try, but... Wink
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »

I am undecided, but that is because I really don't like Corbett.

He prosecuted one client and his office called a friend of mine "delusional."
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies