Republicans are giddy that they failed to capture OBL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:09:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Republicans are giddy that they failed to capture OBL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republicans are giddy that they failed to capture OBL  (Read 7616 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2004, 03:00:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/247753p-212149c.html
shankbear

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 03:04:20 PM »

fern that is by far the stupidest heading for a thread that I have ever seen.  You and any DEMOcrapweasel spinmasters who really believe that are asses of the dumbest kind.  The bastards killed over 3,000 before and nobody takes any glee in that.  Oh but Kerry says it is a nuisance.  A NUISANCE.

You too are a nuisance.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 03:05:53 PM »

fern that is by far the stupidest heading for a thread that I have ever seen.  You and any DEMOcrapweasel spinmasters who really believe that are asses of the dumbest kind.  The bastards killed over 3,000 before and nobody takes any glee in that.  Oh but Kerry says it is a nuisance.  A NUISANCE.

You too are a nuisance.

They seem pretty happy about the latest OBL tape.

Kerry said he'd reduce the terrorism problem to that of a nuisance. Obviously having almost 3000 people killed in one of Al Gore's best counties is more than a nuisance.
shankbear

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 03:16:49 PM »

ALERT!!!!!!!!  FERN has been promoted to the MOST UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE CRAPWEASEL of this board.  He is all but trying to intimate that UBL targeted a strong Gore county in the 911 attacks.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 03:17:11 PM »

You too are a nuisance.

They seem pretty happy about the latest OBL tape.

Kerry said he'd reduce the terrorism problem to that of a nuisance. Obviously having almost 3000 people killed in one of Al Gore's best counties is more than a nuisance.

I'm quite curious jFRAUD, to the level that of "nuisance" Kerry thinks it is.  Would he put security ahead of other things?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 03:22:55 PM »

We got a big grant when I was in grad school for RDX studies.  Nasty stuff.  But fun, too!  Not sure what HMX is though... 

I'm a bit surprised we haven't found him by now either.  But the video he put out gotta be helping Bush.  Just the reminder about the destruction of the WTC (and an admission!) should give us just that little extra edge to push W over the top!

oh, and folks, reality check:  OBL doesn't give a sh**t.  he thinks Bush and Kerry are both assholes.  hello?! 
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 03:28:46 PM »

ALERT!!!!!!!!  FERN has been promoted to the MOST UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE CRAPWEASEL of this board.  He is all but trying to intimate that UBL targeted a strong Gore county in the 911 attacks.

Yeah, you're right, Bush really won Manhattan in 2000.
shankbear

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 03:30:21 PM »

these terrorists kill Muslims every day of the week.  Why should they give a flying rat's a** whether there is a Republican or a Demo in the White House.  They want to kill Americans.  fern, collective, khirk, j.j., shank....AMERICANS.

Brits aren't immune.  French, Aussies, Italians....look at the list of countries who had nationals at the WTC.  The Spanish know.  The free Iraqia know.  The Afghanis know.  The UBL bastards abhor freedom.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 03:31:23 PM »

I noticed jFRAUD didn't answer my question; I'm not too suprised at that.  I'll ask it again.

I'm quite curious jFRAUD, to the level that of "nuisance" Kerry thinks it is.  Would he put security ahead of other things?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 03:49:26 PM »

/sighs

Only three more days of this left...

By the way, when was terrorism a 'nuisance'? It wasn't a nuisance in the 1970s and it isn't now. It's a threat.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 03:54:13 PM »

Yeah, we're glad he's still out there, Fern. Right. Especially since his address to the American people was comprised of at least several Democratic talking points... sure.

What do we do, chase one guy at the expense of everything else?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004, 03:56:07 PM »

I noticed jFRAUD didn't answer my question; I'm not too suprised at that.  I'll ask it again.

I'm quite curious jFRAUD, to the level that of "nuisance" Kerry thinks it is.  Would he put security ahead of other things?

It's a lot more than a nuisance now.
Yawn, are you going to misquote Kerry on his global test comment, now too? Next time read carefully what he said.
shankbear

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 03:56:29 PM »

jj, whats londo mollari?
shankbear

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2004, 03:58:51 PM »

fern, kerry would sell out our sovereignty in a new york minute if he thought it would win him UN brownie points.

He needs a Global Rectal Exam.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 04:00:43 PM »

fern, kerry would sell out our sovereignty in a new york minute if he thought it would win him UN brownie points.

Kerry will never allow any other country (or the UN) a veto over our security.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 04:01:25 PM »

The global test comment in full:

"But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the global test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 04:02:19 PM »

I noticed jFRAUD didn't answer my question; I'm not too suprised at that.  I'll ask it again.

I'm quite curious jFRAUD, to the level that of "nuisance" Kerry thinks it is.  Would he put security ahead of other things?

Yawn, are you going to misquote Kerry on his global test comment, now too? Next time read carefully what he said.

Okay, jFRAUD so you're sure John Kerry isn't a "nuisance" and that he consider's it of very high priority, is that correct?  This is a serious question.  What priority does he put on it?

I can tell from your yawning and from your posts that you are having a problem with oxygen supply to the brain, but try to answer it jFRAUD.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2004, 04:02:46 PM »

The global test comment in full:

"But if and when you do it, Jim, you have to do it in a way that passes the test, that passes the global test where your countrymen, your people understand fully why you're doing what you're doing and you can prove to the world that you did it for legitimate reasons."

You left out what he said right before:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
khirkhib

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 04:03:05 PM »

I know UBL wants to kill all of us.  That is why I want a president that has a rational policty for destroying terrorism.

Perhaps this is the parallel.  
Bush is adamantly against Abortion, we all know that and Bush has taken action to try to stop abortion and yet the number of abotions has almost doubled since 2000. The first increase in abortion in over 23 years.  (I posted the links in an earlier thread)

Bush may be adamant about terrorism too but terrorism globably and more and more people are being recruited into the terrorists ranks.  If you don't think that some of todays young insurgents are tomorrows UBL you are self deluded.  

Actions do speak louder than words but Bush's actions have shown incompetance in plan and motion.

Kerry wants to reduce terrorism to the point that peole don't have to spend everyday in fear.  Kerry wants to give us a warning system which actually allows people to do something to help protect themselves.  You guys are trumping on the word nuisance - playing gotcha with a word - and that is intellectually dishonest.  As if their weren't 100s of things that bush has said poorly.  But the juxt of a nuisance is something that you average Joe American don't have to think about everyday. You know that the threat is being taken care of by your government and you can go about your life not living in fear.  Terrorsist events would be a nuisance in the same way as air traffic accidents are a nuisance.

nui sance noun 1 an act, condition, thing or person causing ttrouble, annoyance, or inconvenience 2 a thing or condition causing danger or annoyance either to a limited number of persons or to the general public or because of its attraction, to children you will be unlikely to recognize its dangerous quality.

Sure we don't want them to happen but I don't spend all day ducking affriad that a plane might fall out of the sky.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 04:03:26 PM »

Okay, jFRAUD so you're sure John Kerry isn't a "nuisance" and that he consider's it of very high priority, is that correct?  This is a serious question.  What priority does he put on it?

I can tell from your yawning and from your posts that you are having a problem with oxygen supply to the brain, but try to answer it jFRAUD.

It's really time to start ignoring you.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2004, 04:05:23 PM »

Well I guess he'd have to decide he wanted to defend it in the first place. He votes against the '91 Gulf War, he votes to cancel most of weapons systems Reagan gave the military money to design, and he has consistently demanded Intel budget cuts. What really makes you think he would be so great to wage a war against terrorism?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2004, 04:06:52 PM »

Well I guess he'd have to decide he wanted to defend it in the first place. He votes against the '91 Gulf War, he votes to cancel most of weapons systems Reagan gave the military money to design, and he has consistently demanded Intel budget cuts. What really makes you think he would be so great to wage a war against terrorism?

How would StarWars have helped us against 9/11, anyways?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2004, 04:07:13 PM »

Oh, jFRAUD[/D], do you lack the courage or the intellect to answer the question?  If neither, why not answer it?
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2004, 04:10:27 PM »

The whole thing seems to say to me that he wouldn't cede the right to launch a pre-emptive war, but he'd only do it if it passed the 'global test':

'You have to do it in the way that passes the test'

ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2004, 04:12:33 PM »

Londo Mollari was the ambassador from teh Centauri Republic to Babylon 5 on the show of the same name.

Excellent show and well worth watching.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies