Obama’s Iraq Drawdown a Virtual Impossibility
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:14:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama’s Iraq Drawdown a Virtual Impossibility  (Read 725 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:14 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Wow, what a surprise, another Obama lie. Haven't heard much from Democrat hacks lately about Iraq withdrawal ever since Bush's wars became Obama's wars.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 03:14:43 PM »

Ah, still no comment from the Obamabots on yet another blatant lie of Obama's that will cost thousands more lives and billions more dollars?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 03:16:53 PM »

Ah, still no comment from the Obamabots on yet another blatant lie of Obama's that will cost thousands more lives and billions more dollars?

You do realize that either A) Your source could be wrong, or B) The need to stay in Iraq is a MISTAKE rather than a lie?
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 04:28:35 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2010, 04:33:57 PM by SvenssonRS »

I don't care about this, really. I've known Obama doesn't give a shit about bringing our soldiers home for a long time now. He's too incompetent to give a damn.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 04:32:24 PM »

I've known Obama doesn't give a shit about bringing out soldiers home for a long time now. He's too incompetent to give a damn.

This, duh.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 05:01:44 PM »

I've known Obama doesn't give a shit about bringing out soldiers home for a long time now. He's too incompetent to give a damn.

This, duh.

^
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 05:12:52 PM »

I don't care about this, really. I've known Obama doesn't give a shit about bringing our soldiers home for a long time now. He's too incompetent to give a damn.

You don't care that Americans are going to continue dying and billions of dollars are going to keep being spent on a pointless occupation?
Free Trade is managed by the invisible hand.
HoffmanJohn
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 05:19:23 PM »

They also used to say that it was impossible for their ever to be an African American president.
Free Trade is managed by the invisible hand.
HoffmanJohn
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 05:21:44 PM »

at the very least obama should withdraw all our troops to the desert and pull all of our troops out of urban areas. Obviously we should keep some in Iraq for embassy protection, and training Iraq's troops which is a standard procedure that we practice with other countries as well.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 05:22:38 PM »

You don't care that Americans are going to continue dying and billions of dollars are going to keep being spent on a pointless occupation?

I don't care because I already knew he would never withdraw them. Frankly, this isn't news.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 07:01:54 PM »

I don't care because I already knew he would never withdraw them. Frankly, this isn't news.

A lot of people knew this would happen, that doesn't mean we stop caring about all the blood and treasure being lost in that sinkhole.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 10:07:28 PM »

A lot of people knew this would happen, that doesn't mean we stop caring about all the blood and treasure being lost in that sinkhole.

I don't think he is saying that we should stop caring about being stuck in Iraq. Rather, he doesn't care about this story because it is just telling us old news.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 10:09:13 PM »

I don't think he is saying that we should stop caring about being stuck in Iraq. Rather, he doesn't care about this story because it is just telling us old news.

Well I care. I don't think the lives we continue to lose every day are unworthy of discussion just because this war is "old news."
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 10:13:58 PM »

Well I care. I don't think the lives we continue to lose every day are unworthy of discussion just because this war is "old news."

But the point I am trying to make is not that the war is old news, but that Obama does not care about it is old news. With that much said, something like this is still worth bringing up, because I am sure that not everybody has already come to the conclusion that you or me or Svensson has. To those people, this is most certainly not old news.
Tuck!
tuckerbanks
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: -6.70

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »

This is old news.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 10:24:59 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2010, 10:40:06 PM by Torie »

Events, on the ground and elsewhere,  tend to trump matters, and make policy options that make any sense rather limited, and that will be more true as US super power influence fades. We had better get used to it, all the rhetoric to the contrary notwithstanding. Unless of course, someday, the US elects a true nutter as President. Hopefully that will not happen in my lifetime. That is why so much of this partisan rancor at the end of the day bores me. So much of it at the end of day does not matter much. We tend to end up where we were going to end up anyway.

Having said that, if we don't improve our secondary educational system, so many of the smart youngs are going to be so screwed - probably after I am dead. That is the one place I can think of off hand, where perhaps public policy can make a critical difference, if matters are rather dramatically changed. Think about it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies