So, Cuomo is finally running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:25:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  So, Cuomo is finally running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So, Cuomo is finally running  (Read 2867 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2010, 06:50:12 PM »

Ugh. Cant wait to vote against him-- in a likely losing cause.

Same here.

Do you think Rick Lazio would be a more effective governor?  I mean, he's such a loser.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2010, 08:09:58 PM »

Same here.

Do you think Rick Lazio would be a more effective governor?  I mean, he's such a loser.

Lazio, effective?  Lazio, competent?  I think not.  Never said I would vote for him anyways.

Point is - there is no way in hell that I'll ever vote for Andrew Cuomo to be governor of New York.  I'm not stupid enough to fall for that one.

Remember, I voted for Spitzer as gov (and still have no regrets on that front, even though the guy is a paranoid nutter, though smart).  This one is easy to call.

And I suspect the quoted poster and I feel the same way for the same reasons.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2010, 08:18:09 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2010, 08:25:51 PM by Lunar »

Well, I'm not sure if the Green Party is even going to make the ballot, and it's really hard for anyone with a calculator and a copy of the NY GOP's rules to imagine that Lazio won't be the GOP nominee.

Lazio's totals are actually a bit understated.  I mean, Suffolk County endorsed Levy, but a large chunk of their members are going to defect to Lazio, who represented Long Island when he was a Congressman and has connections there.

And the NY Conservative Party is swearing to god that even if Cox pulls a miracle out of his bum and keeps Levy on the ballot, that they'll still nominate Lazio on their line.

paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »

I'm leaning towards Cuomo.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2010, 02:40:35 PM »

Well, I'm not sure if the Green Party is even going to make the ballot, and it's really hard for anyone with a calculator and a copy of the NY GOP's rules to imagine that Lazio won't be the GOP nominee.

Lazio's totals are actually a bit understated.  I mean, Suffolk County endorsed Levy, but a large chunk of their members are going to defect to Lazio, who represented Long Island when he was a Congressman and has connections there.

And the NY Conservative Party is swearing to god that even if Cox pulls a miracle out of his bum and keeps Levy on the ballot, that they'll still nominate Lazio on their line.

The Green Party has to make this ballot to have any chance of getting a permanent place on the ballot.  IIRC, any party that garners more than 50,000 votes in the gubernatorial election gets a permanent position on the ballot for the next 4 years.  Party order is decided by votes received - which is one reason I've tended to vote for the Republican candidate on the Conservative party line when it looked like the Republican-line tally wouldn't beat the Democratic-line tally outright.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 02:46:07 PM »

Same here.

Lazio, effective?  Lazio, competent?  I think not.  Never said I would vote for him anyways.

Point is - there is no way in hell that I'll ever vote for Andrew Cuomo to be governor of New York.  I'm not stupid enough to fall for that one.

Remember, I voted for Spitzer as gov (and still have no regrets on that front, even though the guy is a paranoid nutter, though smart).  This one is easy to call.

And I suspect the quoted poster and I feel the same way for the same reasons.

What is your brief against Andrew, Sam?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 12:44:42 AM »

Nah, although it'll be interesting to see if he can break Spitzer's record (?) percentage of the vote. I don't think he'll quite do it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies