Bush-Gore '00 if Clinton had Campaigned
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:27:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bush-Gore '00 if Clinton had Campaigned
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush-Gore '00 if Clinton had Campaigned  (Read 4714 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2010, 11:50:50 PM »

Lewinsky didnt hurt Gore, the american ppl didnt care.

It hurt Gore by energizing the Religious Right, which caused them to come out in droves and vote for Bush Jr. (and thus provided his 537-vote victory margin in Florida).
The DUI story is supposed to have cancalled that out.

yea nice try huh lol
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 11:52:31 PM »

Lewinsky didnt hurt Gore, the american ppl didnt care.

It hurt Gore by energizing the Religious Right, which caused them to come out in droves and vote for Bush Jr. (and thus provided his 537-vote victory margin in Florida).
The DUI story is supposed to have cancalled that out.

It was supposed to have (and it probably greatly reduced Bush Jr.'s victory margin and cost him the PV), but it didn't cancel it out completely.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 11:56:14 PM »

It did I know I made my predictions a few days before the election that year and I had Bush winning 50-47 with about 311 EV. To my recollection though Clinton did campaign a fair amount. I'm interested in what you all remember? I was 15 at the time.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 12:23:52 AM »

It did I know I made my predictions a few days before the election that year and I had Bush winning 50-47 with about 311 EV. To my recollection though Clinton did campaign a fair amount. I'm interested in what you all remember? I was 15 at the time.

Clinton did campaign for Gore, but not in swing states. Only in safe Democratic states like California. I was 8 at the time and I did not live in the U.S., so I just barely remember the election being talked about in the news and the recount afterwards (which was also frequently on the news).
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

What proof do democrats have that republicans stole florida n 2000?

Many legal voters (especially blacks and other minorities) were purged from the voter rolls before the 2000 election. Those voters were turned away from the polling station when they came to vote. Republicans say that it was an accident, Democrats say it was done on purpose.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »

There's also the media gaffe, where many voters were encouraged to stay home (while polls were still open) while Florida was called for Gore incorrectly.

If he hadn't given up the Supreme Court case, there may have been a chance of seeing him in the White House.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »

Many legal voters (especially blacks and other minorities) were purged from the voter rolls before the 2000 election. Those voters were turned away from the polling station when they came to vote. Republicans say that it was an accident, Democrats say it was done on purpose.
What about the acorn business in 2008? I heard that in Florida and other major important electoral states that the military vote was not counted because it was too much trouble. Now, that military vote is historically republican especially for one of their own like John McCain. Why was that not counted?

I never heard about the military vote not being counted at all in any states in 2008. However, I don't think any military vote would have made a difference in Florida, where the margin of victory for Obama was too large. Maybe the state was called for Obama without the military vote being fully counted, but there would not ahve bene enough military ballots to swing the state to McCain.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2010, 03:08:01 PM »

Oh so you assume that just because they are of a certain race, they'll vote a certain way. Oh, ok I get yea, right. Democrats saying it was done on purpose is all the proof you need I'm sure, but for the rest of us, we'd like to hear or find evidence that it was done as a conspiracy. The reason they weren't allowed to vote for many of them was because they were in jail. So now you're campaigning for the thug vote. What do you think of the fact that the polls in the western panhandle which is one of the most conservative area of this country, closed polls an hour early. That was easily enough to give Bush the PV. Now I'm guessing you're saying the goal is to win the EV? Surely you're not.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2010, 03:10:23 PM »

Oh so you assume that just because they are of a certain race, they'll vote a certain way. Oh, ok I get yea, right. Democrats saying it was done on purpose is all the proof you need I'm sure, but for the rest of us, we'd like to hear or find evidence that it was done as a conspiracy. The reason they weren't allowed to vote for many of them was because they were in jail. So now you're campaigning for the thug vote. What do you think of the fact that the polls in the western panhandle which is one of the most conservative area of this country, closed polls an hour early. That was easily enough to give Bush the PV. Now I'm guessing you're saying the goal is to win the EV? Surely you're not.

A lot of those voters were not in jail and were not former felons. Thus, they should ahve been able to vote.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »

A lot of those voters were not in jail and were not former felons. Thus, they should ahve been able to vote.

If that wasn't the reason which it wasn't for some, then it depends on alot of other things like when did they register? Were they at the right polling place? Did they have valid voting cards? Were they still alive? Were they humans or pets? Many dead people voted for Gore in Missouri that year.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »

If that wasn't the reason which it wasn't for some, then it depends on alot of other things like when did they register? Were they at the right polling place? Did they have valid voting cards? Were they still alive? Were they humans or pets? Many dead people voted for Gore in Missouri that year.

If dead people's ballots are valid, then I'm sure a lot of their ballots added to Bush Jr.'s vote totals.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2010, 12:00:40 AM »

If dead people's ballots are valid, then I'm sure a lot of their ballots added to Bush Jr.'s vote totals.

Oh well if you're sure then that must be the way it is. Great research and a wonderful array of resource documentation. Wow how can any study compete with that? No I hate to break it to you but that wasn't the case.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies