Communism vs. Emo (serious question)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:00:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Communism vs. Emo (serious question)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is worse for Eastern Europe?
Communism

Emo

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: Communism vs. Emo (serious question)  (Read 1506 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:33:53 AM »

Considering that Eastern Europe is FULL of emo bands now (Like tons), I thought this would be an interesting question for emo-hating conservatives. There weren't any emo bands there during the Cold War...

I wonder if GMantis has seen any emo bands live.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:35:40 AM »

Communism is generally the worst thing that can happen to any place.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 12:38:43 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2009, 12:40:50 AM by Too young to kill, too old to contain »

I wonder if the massive amount of emo in northern Italy makes Phil support the Northern League's seccession plan. Or if the fact that emo was started by an Italian-American makes him ashamed of his heritage.

BTW for another example of why Ireland sucks: How Epic Fail is it that I can name more emo bands from Bosnia and Herzegovina than Ireland?
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 01:00:01 AM »

Considering that Eastern Europe is FULL of emo bands now (Like tons), I thought this would be an interesting question for emo-hating conservatives. There weren't any emo bands there during the Cold War...

No, I don't really like Emo. But I don't really like going to live musical concerts (at least modern music), so I'm not singling emo out. And of course I was too young to go to any concerts when communists were still in power.
BRTD, you're aware that emo really started in the 90's so that it would be a bit difficult for there to be emo bands during communism.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 08:52:53 AM »
« Edited: June 24, 2009, 09:02:50 AM by Too young to kill, too old to contain »

No, I don't really like Emo. But I don't really like going to live musical concerts (at least modern music), so I'm not singling emo out. And of course I was too young to go to any concerts when communists were still in power.
BRTD, you're aware that emo really started in the 90's so that it would be a bit difficult for there to be emo bands during communism.

No, that's incorrect. Emo got started in 1984 and some bands that started out as just punk but went on to be emo started as early as 1981 (Like The Hated).

Of course I'm not sure if emo made it to Europe before the 90s, the earliest European emo band I can think of is Bob Tilton from Britain, who started in 1993. I know there was an early upsurge in France, but that was around 1995/96. But I don't know of any eastern European bands for the other hardcore/punk/indie subgenres that were popular in the rest of Europe during the 80s (Well except for the GDR apparentely. Lewis would know more about that.)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 02:28:56 AM »

Emo
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 10:39:02 AM »

I refuse to answer on the grounds that this is not a serious question, rather it is an immensely stupid and pointless question.
pogo stick
JewishConservative
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »

Communism obviously. This isn't a serious question. It's  just BRTD being bored.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:13:01 PM »

Bumping in honor of the hordes of Russian emo bands ending up on my last.fm radio now.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »

Emo by far. Communism is good.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 04:21:01 PM »

Communism. I know this from 75 years of family experience.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 04:46:17 PM »

Guess still Mr. Hitler was worse.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 06:07:31 PM »

Ah, but you see; Hitler stopped being a threat in 1945, whereas communism (assuming that any of the authoritarian leftist regimes in a few different countries could be seriously construed as communist) exists to this day. Nevermind that leaders like Stalin & Mao were quite monstrous in their own rights.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 06:12:08 PM »

Ah, but you see; Hitler stopped being a threat in 1945, whereas communism (assuming that any of the authoritarian leftist regimes in a few different countries could be seriously construed as communist) exists to this day. Nevermind that leaders like Stalin & Mao were quite monstrous in their own rights.

Ah, but see, and I'm telling this from position of authentic Eastern European and supported by over 70 years of my familiy history. Communism, even the period until 1956, was a fairytale in comparision to Nazism.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »

Ah, but see, and I'm telling this from position of authentic Eastern European and supported by over 70 years of my familiy history. Communism, even the period until 1956, was a fairytale in comparision to Nazism.

Well fair enough. Me & my forebears can hardly claim to have been seriously affected by either fascists or communists.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 06:17:49 PM »

And how old were you when communism collapsed in your country?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »

Well fair enough. Me & my forebears can hardly claim to have been seriously affected by either fascists or communists.

Considering that we're still affected by conqesuences of communism or Nazi occupation. And as personal family story, sister of my grandfather was, for example, executed by SS during Warsaw uprising at age of 15, while my great-grandfather narrowly escaped gallows following first post-war Stalinist-style show trail, yes, I guess I have perspective.

And I have no idea who can seriously make comparision between annoying, yet harmless EMO and Bolesła Bierut.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »

1, but unlike the poster below, who obviously learn about history from stormfront forum, I actually know people who witnesses both nazi occupation and communism on their own eyes and experienced both harshly.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 06:43:09 PM »

1, but unlike the poster below, who obviously learn about history from stormfront forum, I actually know people who witnesses both nazi occupation and communism on their own eyes and experienced both harshly.

You are saying PiT learned history from the Stormfront forum? Seriously?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 07:58:12 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmer_Rouge

Sounds lovely Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length