Haley alleged to have had an affair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:08:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Haley alleged to have had an affair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Haley alleged to have had an affair  (Read 11135 times)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 11:20:51 AM »

It probably wasn't another candidate. The campaign down here isn't that dirty.

If it was, it'd be Andre, as he'd be the #1 benefactor of Haley imploding.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 11:34:14 AM »

I wonder which candidate is responsible for this rumor?

Bauer would certainly be suspect #1, he's the most dodgy guy in the race. I wouldn't call this a rumor though, more like an outright accusation. If this guy can't provide the emails and texts he says he has then I say this blows up in his face and Haley ends up winning. If he can, then I would say that Haley loses, and it probably wasn't the work of another campaign (unless one of the other camps found out about this while digging for dirt and is pressuring the blogger).

Whoaaaaaaaa wait, why blame Bauer.  Didn't this guy break the news in his blog?  Or did I mis-read the earlier stuff?

Well the blogger says he was doing it to cut off leaks that would have been made by others, and says he's still behind Haley, so if the story is true then I can only imagine it was the Bauer campaign that brought the heat.

The other possibility is just that the blogger is crazy. I'd say that he had a personal beef with her, but he's been supporting her up until now. I have a hard time believing this story, but this guy is staking his entire reputation on this(and he's worked for the GOP in SC, it's not like he's just a random guy).
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »

To me, there is only one reason for the blogger to admit to an affair.........sink her campaign.  He's dirt.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »

Bauer would certainly be suspect #1, he's the most dodgy guy in the race. I wouldn't call this a rumor though, more like an outright accusation. If this guy can't provide the emails and texts he says he has then I say this blows up in his face and Haley ends up winning. If he can, then I would say that Haley loses, and it probably wasn't the work of another campaign (unless one of the other camps found out about this while digging for dirt and is pressuring the blogger).

Whoaaaaaaaa wait, why blame Bauer.  Didn't this guy break the news in his blog?  Or did I mis-read the earlier stuff?

Well the blogger says he was doing it to cut off leaks that would have been made by others, and says he's still behind Haley, so if the story is true then I can only imagine it was the Bauer campaign that brought the heat.

If he supported her campaign, why wouldn't he just let Bauer leak it out and then deny it?
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 12:29:54 PM »

If he supported her campaign, why wouldn't he just let Bauer leak it out and then deny it?

I have no idea, the guy is a Republican blogger, he's probably not incredibly smart. My kneejerk reaction is that he's lying, but I'm not seeing the motivation, unless he was paid off. Then again, if he was just doing this to cut someone off at the chase then why would he be so insistent that this affair had taken place and say he had emails and texts?

None of it makes sense, to be honest.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »

The blogger has done work before for Rod Shealy who is the brains behind the Bauer campaign and as others have already pointed out, Bauer has the most to gain from an implosion of the Haley campaign.  Also, Bauer is doing so poorly, he's the only one of Haley's opponents for whom it would make sense to risk the blowback of this before the primary instead of during the runoff.  If it is a dirty trick, the Bauer campaign (i.e. Rod Shealy) is the one who is the most likely cause of this.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 02:25:14 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2010, 02:28:17 PM by Grumps »

From a Salon.com article

"Folks says the story was being leaked to the press by Haley's primary opponent, Gresham Barrett."

Link
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »

From a Salon.com article

"Folks says the story was being leaked to the press by Haley's primary opponent, Gresham Barrett."

Link

Wait...why would a blogger need someone to leak a story to the media?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 02:33:56 PM »

Also, if this blogger really DOES support Haley, why is he holding onto his txts and phone messages instead of just deleting them?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 02:45:06 PM »

Also, if this blogger really DOES support Haley, why is he holding onto his txts and phone messages instead of just deleting them?

That's why I said a dozen posts ago..........he's dirt.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »

Guy in the center is the blogger

Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 03:59:03 PM »

Now my question with this, is why would a hot looking, successful woman like Haley have an affair with the man in the center who looks like he suffers from Down Syndrome?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2010, 04:42:24 PM »

Now my question with this, is why would a hot looking, successful woman like Haley have an affair with the man in the center who looks like he suffers from Down Syndrome?

Because the man on the left had already found his soulmate in Argentina? 0:)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2010, 12:33:16 PM by Grumpy Gramps, Big F N Deal. »

Blogger coughs up texts but read it yourself and tell me what you think.......very strange
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 12:53:16 PM »

The fact that he is referring to this as Haley-gate, is yet another reason for me to doubt his veracity.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »

The fact that he is referring to this as Haley-gate, is yet another reason for me to doubt his veracity.

What is the "feel" in SC from people you talk to?
Tuck!
tuckerbanks
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: -6.70

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »

Pathetic smear campaign.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 01:54:36 PM »

1.  Blogger is mentally ill and invented this fantasy, maybe even actually believes it.  The "reluctance" in the admission is a put-on.  He was eager to tell people for the validation.  People around Haley aren't sure or believe him even and were scared and trying to kill it.

or

2.  There was some relationship or incident.  He's not making it up but his "reluctance" to reveal it is still a put-on.  He's reveling in the attention.

Either of these seem feasible, but I think the key to understanding this story is that his own thirst for attention (and ability to feign disinterest in it) is a stronger factor than his interest in who wins the primary.  If I had to place a bet, option #1 seems a bit more likely of the two.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2010, 01:55:58 PM »

Unless Folks produces some actual proof, this will actually help Haley.  For one thing, it is making it all but impossible for anyone to campaign against her right now, lest they be drawn into the mud themselves. She's a lock for the runoff right now, and it's even conceivable there won't be a runoff.

Clearly Folks intends to drag this out as long as possible to keep himself in the limelight, so who knows when or how this will end.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2010, 02:52:17 PM »

Unless Folks produces some actual proof, this will actually help Haley.  For one thing, it is making it all but impossible for anyone to campaign against her right now, lest they be drawn into the mud themselves. She's a lock for the runoff right now, and it's even conceivable there won't be a runoff.

Clearly Folks intends to drag this out as long as possible to keep himself in the limelight, so who knows when or how this will end.

And if he drags this out toooooo much it won't matter if she did him........I'm like STFU Folks........I can imagine the people in SC are feeling the same way.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »

Crap.  At least it happened pre-primary.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2010, 05:51:55 PM »

This is a brilliant bit of political theater. She gets to play the victim and soaks up tons of positive coverage, while deflecting any attacks from the other candidates in the weeks running up to the primary.
Tuck!
tuckerbanks
Netherlands

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: -6.70

« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2010, 09:15:13 PM »

My friend who works In John Spratt's office says that the rumours are false and that no one in SC believes them.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2010, 10:39:14 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking just as this came about that it can only help.  Any press is good press when you're caught in a fustercluck of a primary.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »

We're getting to the point of "Pics or it didn't happen"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies