Haley alleged to have had an affair
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:48:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Haley alleged to have had an affair
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Haley alleged to have had an affair  (Read 11132 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »

This can only help Haley in the end. I mean SC people aren't that stupid to believe these two guys.

It's not like a prominent South Carolina GOP primary has been corrupted by slime politics before.  Did you know that McCain had an out-of-wedlock black daughter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain#2000_presidential_campaign
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2010, 09:00:07 PM »

Add the Tea Party to that list as well. I thought I'd never see the day when I'd agree with all three of those movements.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »

Tomorrow: Breaking news: Bauer's campaign manager alleges to have had a threesome with McMaster and Haley.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2010, 12:52:11 AM »

If these rumors are true, then I fully expect that Mechaman will promptly move to South Carolina to get a piece of the action.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2010, 08:10:54 AM »

This can only help Haley in the end. I mean SC people aren't that stupid to believe these two guys.

Well if this guy's street cred is as bad as it seems, it will diffuse Folks' allegations even more.......this may not be a bad thing for her campaign.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »

It's not like a prominent South Carolina GOP primary has been corrupted by slime politics before.  Did you know that McCain had an out-of-wedlock black daughter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain#2000_presidential_campaign

SC has always had the best dirty trickster's imo.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »

These dirty tricks are pretty dirty. I wonder how many more affairs will come out before Tuesday. We'll have to give Nikki the nickname Tiger.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2010, 11:44:56 AM »

These dirty tricks are pretty dirty. I wonder how many more affairs will come out before Tuesday. We'll have to give Nikki the nickname Tiger.

I wonder if the next accuser will be a woman. As long as the tricksters are trying to kill her campaign through brute force...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2010, 01:14:06 PM »

I wonder if the next accuser will be a woman. As long as the tricksters are trying to kill her campaign through brute force...

I'm pretty sure two women together is viewed as "hot" by most male SC voters.......that one might not fly as well Wink
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2010, 11:24:21 AM »

You mean Tigress.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2010, 11:14:46 PM »

So Bauer took a lie detector test that proves he's not responsible for the Haley business.

Only in South Carolina.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2010, 11:25:41 PM »

So Bauer took a lie detector test that proves he's not responsible for the Haley business.

Only in South Carolina.

Really?  Link?

I want to see the questions.  I doubt he himself ordered such tactics, but I doubt his people are not linked to it.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »

Only in South Carolina.

Really?  Link?

I want to see the questions.  I doubt he himself ordered such tactics, but I doubt his people are not linked to it.

http://www.google.com/news/search?aq=f&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=andre+bauer
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2010, 11:36:33 PM »

This is the oldest political move in the book...if you can't find real dirt on someone, make something up to stir the pot. Sadly predictable and true!
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2010, 01:08:25 AM »

Stewart's bit on this tonight was pretty good.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2010, 06:52:17 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2010, 08:27:00 AM by Grumpy Gramps »

She fared very well given the barrage of attacks.........runoff?  So what?  She'll be fine there too.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »

Barrett's new ad, goes there

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/barretts-new-sc-gov-ad-hes-a-christian-family-man-who-wont-embarrass-us-video.php
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2010, 07:32:01 PM »

I think it's been proven time and time again that a Christian family man in South Carolina is about as embarrassing and immoral as it gets.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »

It's a retooling of the ad Barrett ran with the same "drill sergeant" in the last few days before the primary.  Not as good as the first ad, but since that first ad was certainly one factor in why Barrett got second place instead of McMaster, it is understandable why he'd go back to a similar ad for the runoff.

Since Barrett can't afford to ignore the rumors entirely, this is about as tasteful an ad as can be expected about it under the circumstances.  Besides, his only realistic hope of winning the runoff is that something new comes out about Haley in the next two weeks.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

Since Barrett can't afford to ignore the rumors entirely, this is about as tasteful an ad as can be expected about it under the circumstances.  Besides, his only realistic hope of winning the runoff is that something new comes out about Haley in the next two weeks.

You can't give him credit for not running an non-tasteful ad, when all the evidence indicates such a move would backfire. 

By quietly alluding to it, via a third party in the ad, he's doing about as everything possible he can get away with.  I hadn't thought of that, but that's a good point in that he wants to be in position to capitalize on Haley's scandal turning out to be authentic, even if he doesn't believe it's very likely to be thus.

Barrett previously invested in a 60 second spot, talking directly to the camera, where he explains his TARP vote for "George Bush's" and tries to make it clear that he opposes Democratic deficit-spending, it as an interesting ad, one I treated of desperation (which it was), but I'd probably credit it with a large chunk of why he made it to the run-off.

And, of course, Rudy Giuliani endorsing McMaster a few days before the primary = what?

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »

And, I should say, even if the Nikki rumors escalate, I can't see Barrett getting away from the fact that he's a Washington politician who voted for TARP, not to mention the fact that it'd be hard for Jesus himself to get up from a 1/5th of the vote to 50.1% in a runoff against someone who nearly got 50% in the original vote, despite running against several serious statewide candidates.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2010, 09:02:39 PM »

And, of course, Rudy Giuliani endorsing McMaster a few days before the primary = what?

I agree.  The robocall I got of Giuliani asking me to support a "strong conservative" by voting for McMaster made me wonder a lot.  I could see bringing in Giuliani for the general election, but not in a SC primary.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2010, 11:01:30 PM »

Giuliani's email I received was a bit odd too, considering it was just 2 days before the vote.

Interesting thing is, I was told today that "friends of Haley would not be surprised that she had an affair." If true, you wonder if something will come out between now and June 22. This is sure to be another interesting 2 weeks in SC politics..
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2010, 12:53:23 AM »

Do voters in the Palmetto state really care about this? If so, I find that odd.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2010, 10:46:19 PM »

Do voters in the Palmetto state really care about this? If so, I find that odd.

If Sanford is any indication, I doubt it. His popularity only took a hit initially, but he leveled out afterwards. Even then, it was more because he left our state and flew down to Argentina unannounced than anything else. Barrett and her opponents will try to make it an issue though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies