Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2014, 03:56:36 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  Me
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Me  (Read 5189 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:18:45 pm »
Ignore

Why are so many of my posts found offensive? I've been told to DIAF and I never thought to report it. I'll admit that my emotions get the best of me on these forums but isn't that what politics is about to a small degree? I don't think there's anyone on here who I hate or dislike. From now on if you got a problem, man up and message me. Ask those who have and you'll find that I'm quite a great fellow.

I'm Derek and I approve this message.
Dallasfan65
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: -9.91

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:22:30 pm »
Ignore

Why are so many of my posts found offensive? I've been told to DIAF and I never thought to report it. I'll admit that my emotions get the best of me on these forums but isn't that what politics is about to a small degree? I don't think there's anyone on here who I hate or dislike. From now on if you got a problem, man up and message me. Ask those who have and you'll find that I'm quite a great fellow.

You have a blue avatar, is why.

Though this type of thread likely belongs in Forum Community.

Bo
Rochambeau
YaBB God
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 09:23:49 pm »
Ignore

Because a lot of your posts exaggerate the truth and constitute Republican hackery. Also, you demonstrate a lack of knowledge sometimes (such as not knowing that Presidents could serve two non-consecutive terms).

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:29:35 pm »
Ignore

So a lack of knowledge means I'm not welcome here? I've always wondered why there's a lack of Republicans on this forum and now I'm beginning to see why.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 09:30:07 pm »
Ignore

You have a blue avatar, is why.

Though this type of thread likely belongs in Forum Community.

I got your back too and I didn't know about the community forum.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 09:40:46 pm »
Ignore

Go read some BOOKS.  If you want to claim that "all deficits are evil," please be able to cite and comprehend some of, say, Milton Friedman's literature.  Otherwise, you're annoying and taking up space with your inane babbling.

never said they were evil

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »
Ignore

If you want your posts analyzed for why they're so stupid from now on, just ask.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 10:08:06 pm »
Ignore

he is crazy, yes. But that does not mean you have the right to be mean. Why must you try to run everyone off you guys don't like? that doesn't help with anything.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 10:16:44 pm »
Ignore

he is crazy, yes. But that does not mean you have the right to be mean. Why must you try to run everyone off you guys don't like? that doesn't help with anything.

Yes, it does. It improves the quality of the forum discourse (to which you contribute little to nothing, and perhaps less).

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 10:49:33 pm »
Ignore

Derek treat this site as a learning experience. You will learn how to debate more effectively, and just learn a lot of stuff. One of the lessons is to treat the opposition with respect, even if they don't respect you, and just try to get better and better. It is a matter of self discipline, and will make you more effective. One idea is to research some issue, and when a debate opens up on it, you will be ready. Or analyze an electoral race, doing research on the internet, and try to come up with some insight. Just a thought. The biggest mistake I think is when someone slams you, to just slam back. Try to think of a way to  deflect it by saying something witty, or take the more in sorrow than in anger tack, and before you know it, folks will begin to leave you alone as a personal target, and be constrained to start having to deal with the substance. Just a few ideas to think about.

And yes, I think you are being trashed more for your ideas than some egregious conduct.  The thing is though when you take positions outside of the "mainstream" of a site, to make it work, one needs to just work harder, or something.  Think of it as a challenge.

Take care.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:08:01 pm by Torie »Logged

dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 11:02:06 pm »
Ignore

If you're real (which I still have my doubts about) this kind of thread isn't going to help your case.  As Torie said, quit being such a little bitch (I may have paraphrased a bit) and try and learn while you are here.  Learn how to argue, learn how to take a joke, learn how to take an insult.  Slow down your posting numbers and read what and how your fellow conservatives argue.  This place isn't always easy on hard line conservatives like yourself, it might not be for you.  But if you stick it out you'll likely learn some things, likely change your mind about some things and probably become a better, more rounded person.

I forget why I put you on ignore, but I'll take it off and see what happens.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 11:53:17 pm »
Ignore

Yes, it does. It improves the quality of the forum discourse (to which you contribute little to nothing, and perhaps less).

so you're against the first amendment? Limit free speech for some because their arguments aren't as "good?"

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 11:58:01 pm »
Ignore

Derek treat this site as a learning experience. You will learn how to debate more effectively, and just learn a lot of stuff. One of the lessons is to treat the opposition with respect, even if they don't respect you, and just try to get better and better. It is a matter of self discipline, and will make you more effective. One idea is to research some issue, and when a debate opens up on it, you will be ready. Or analyze an electoral race, doing research on the internet, and try to come up with some insight. Just a thought. The biggest mistake I think is when someone slams you, to just slam back. Try to think of a way to  deflect it by saying something witty, or take the more in sorrow than in anger tack, and before you know it, folks will begin to leave you alone as a personal target, and be constrained to start having to deal with the substance. Just a few ideas to think about.

And yes, I think you are being trashed more for your ideas than some egregious conduct.  The thing is though when you take positions outside of the "mainstream" of a site, to make it work, one needs to just work harder, or something.  Think of it as a challenge.

Take care.

You're right and thanks for your help buddy. That's just something Republicans in this country have to deal with. Look at what Bush went through and Palin is going through now. It's the exact same thing that the first century Christians went through under Roman persecution. I do have that talk radio chip on my shoulder. Maybe this isn't the place to get away with that. You know I've always had the mindset to run for office and become involved politically to advance conservatism in the U.S. Yesterday my fortune cookie said that I will soon change my line of work. Maybe this is the hint. After all I'm on this site all day at work.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 11:59:04 pm »
Ignore

so you're against the first amendment? Limit free speech for some because their arguments aren't as "good?"

I think people treat you unfairly here, but don't bring up the "First Amendment" argument.  This isn't a government-run forum... the Bill of Rights doesn't apply here.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:03 am »
Ignore

If you're real (which I still have my doubts about) this kind of thread isn't going to help your case.  As Torie said, quit being such a little bitch (I may have paraphrased a bit) and try and learn while you are here.  Learn how to argue, learn how to take a joke, learn how to take an insult.  Slow down your posting numbers and read what and how your fellow conservatives argue.  This place isn't always easy on hard line conservatives like yourself, it might not be for you.  But if you stick it out you'll likely learn some things, likely change your mind about some things and probably become a better, more rounded person.

I don't mean to come off like a bitch. I posted this discussion because I'm being threatened with being kicked off of this site over a few misplaced words of mine. I've noticed the mood on here. And for the record, I do appreciate most debates on this forum.

Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:53 am »
Ignore

I think people treat you unfairly here, but don't bring up the "First Amendment" argument.  This isn't a government-run forum... the Bill of Rights doesn't apply here.

you're not kidding, keep posting here

Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 12:02:34 am »
Ignore

blah, blah, blah.
I don't say much because when someone does you treat them like Derek. DUH!

○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 12:07:01 am »
Ignore

Take care.

You're right and thanks for your help buddy. That's just something Republicans in this country have to deal with. Look at what Bush went through and Palin is going through now. It's the exact same thing that the first century Christians went through under Roman persecution. I do have that talk radio chip on my shoulder. Maybe this isn't the place to get away with that. You know I've always had the mindset to run for office and become involved politically to advance conservatism in the U.S. Yesterday my fortune cookie said that I will soon change my line of work. Maybe this is the hint. After all I'm on this site all day at work.

I personally nailed 3 Republicans to a cross to die for their sins today.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 12:10:55 am »
Ignore

I don't mean to come off like a bitch. I posted this discussion because I'm being threatened with being kicked off of this site over a few misplaced words of mine. I've noticed the mood on here. And for the record, I do appreciate most debates on this forum.

Nobody with any power to actually kick you off the site has talked about banning you.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2010, 12:16:12 am »
Ignore

Nobody with any power to actually kick you off the site has talked about banning you.

In that case I guess I can go to bed then gnite everyone.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 12:22:08 am »
Ignore

blah, blah, blah.

Only people who have no business being here.

Update reading list

Gustaf
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 03:19:08 am »
Ignore

Think more before you post. A lot more.

THe forum is less forgiving towards Republicans than Democrats, but that isn't really your problem.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
IDS Judicial Overlord John Dibble
John Dibble
YaBB God
Japan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 06:58:23 am »
Ignore

That's just something Republicans in this country have to deal with. Look at what Bush went through and Palin is going through now. It's the exact same thing that the first century Christians went through under Roman persecution.

Here's a hint - don't say stupid stuff like this. I mean seriously, you're saying that Bush and Palin, two individuals with lots of money, one of whom was holding the most powerful office on the planet, being highly criticized is the exact same as the early Christians, many of whom were actually killed for their beliefs? Seriously?

Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 07:38:32 am »
Ignore

blah, blah, blah.

Only people who have no business being here.

Not to be rude or anything, but what gives you the right to decide that someone has no business being here? Leave cutie_15 alone.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 07:55:08 am »
Ignore

That's just something Republicans in this country have to deal with. Look at what Bush went through and Palin is going through now. It's the exact same thing that the first century Christians went through under Roman persecution.

Here's a hint - don't say stupid stuff like this. I mean seriously, you're saying that Bush and Palin, two individuals with lots of money, one of whom was holding the most powerful office on the planet, being highly criticized is the exact same as the early Christians, many of whom were actually killed for their beliefs? Seriously?

What does having alot of money have to do with anything for Bush and Palin? I know the Christians didn't have much money, but are you saying that the Christians were persecuted because they were poor? Stupid stuff like what? pointing out the obvious attacks by the media?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout