Kagan setting a precedent that could help Napolitano in 2016?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:52:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kagan setting a precedent that could help Napolitano in 2016?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kagan setting a precedent that could help Napolitano in 2016?  (Read 1877 times)
Bull Moose Base

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 26, 2010, 05:05:37 PM »

It's rare that Napolitano's name gets floated as potential presidential candidate without someone quickly bringing up her single status as an obstacle, even insurmountable one.  But I wonder if Kagan's confirmation would be a useful precedent for selling the public on the idea that unmarried women [from New York] as every bit as qualified for public office as their married counterparts.  Napolitano would be 58 during the 2016 election, with at least 10 years executive experience on her resume: 6 as governor of Arizona, at least 4 as Secretary of Homeland Security.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »

I agree with you. This could definitely help out Napolitano if she decides to run. However, I don't think she will ever run for Prez.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »

at least 4 as Secretary of Homeland Security.

If the DHS keeps screwing up and missing all these attacks, she won't last four years.

I think Ray Kelly would have made a great Sec of HS.
hcallega
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.10, S: -3.90

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »

at least 4 as Secretary of Homeland Security.

If the DHS keeps screwing up and missing all these attacks, she won't last four years.

I think Ray Kelly would have made a great Sec of HS.

I agree about Kelly. It also would have shut up a lot of neocons. After all, he is one of the heroes of 9/11. Napolitano isn't a bad DHS director, but she's just not a terrorism expert. She's an immigration one.She could run for President, but I doubt she wants it that bad.
NYbusinessman
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »

Hillary Clinton returned to her alma mater Wellesley College in Massachusetts on Friday to deliver this year’s commencement address.

Telling the crowd of all female graduates, “You may have heard that things didn’t exactly go the way I planned, but you know what I’m doing OK. I’ve gotten to spend time with my family – especially my amazing grandchildren. I was going to give the entire commencement speech about them but was talked out of it. Long walks in the woods, organizing my closets, right. I won’t lie – chardonnay helped a little too.”

ADVERTISING

Follow
 Hillary Clinton ✔ @HillaryClinton
The last few months, I've been reflecting, spending time with family—and, yes, taking walks in the woods.
4:12 PM - 15 May 2017
  10,410 10,410 Retweets   80,529 80,529 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The speech comes as the former Democratic presidential nominee is taking steps to re-enter the public sphere after her loss to Republican Donald Trump in last year’s election.

Clinton this month announced the creation of “Onward Together,” an adaptation of her campaign theme, “Stronger Together.” The group, she tweeted, will “encourage people to get involved, organize, and even run for office.”

The speech was also a return engagement of sorts for Clinton.

She delivered the student commencement address 48 years ago in 1969, the year she graduated from the all-women’s school.

Clinton also delivered a commencement speech at Wellesley in 1992
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies