Interracial marriage still rising, but not as fast
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:45:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Interracial marriage still rising, but not as fast
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Interracial marriage still rising, but not as fast  (Read 4489 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »

Why are interracial marriages so high in Oklahoma? Isn't everyone white over there?

Everyone and their mother claims Native ancestry.

Very true.

Are you part-Native? Tongue

Yeah, you got a problem with that?

My father's mother was half Comanche half Irish.  I don't really brag about it to other people because I just don't give a sh*t.

Yikes, didn't realize Okies were so sensitive about their ancestry. Shocked
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2010, 11:26:55 PM »

Why are interracial marriages so high in Oklahoma? Isn't everyone white over there?

Very true.

My father's mother was half Comanche half Irish.  I don't really brag about it to other people because I just don't give a sh*t.

You better be glad I'm not calling teh Southern Poverty Law Center on your ass and get you reported for extreme hatemongering you white supremacist!  Al Sharpton got my back dog, who's got yours!?  Besides David Duke or Fred Phelps........
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 11:28:15 PM »

Very true.

You better be glad I'm not calling teh Southern Poverty Law Center on your ass and get you reported for extreme hatemongering you white supremacist!  Al Sharpton got my back dog, who's got yours!?  Besides David Duke or Fred Phelps........

Has Al Sharpton ever held a rally in Oklahoma? I'm sure Phelps and Duke have been there.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2010, 11:32:05 PM »

My mother claims hispanic heritage. I guess that makes me the child of an interracial relationship. Tongue
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2010, 11:32:58 PM »

Very true.

My father's mother was half Comanche half Irish.  I don't really brag about it to other people because I just don't give a sh*t.

You better be glad I'm not calling teh Southern Poverty Law Center on your ass and get you reported for extreme hatemongering you white supremacist!  Al Sharpton got my back dog, who's got yours!?  Besides David Duke or Fred Phelps........

Has Al Sharpton ever held a rally in Oklahoma? I'm sure Phelps and Duke have been there.

He will.......mark my words you biscuit eating bigot!  I know the ACLU's hotline number too so don't you dare push me........white boy.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 11:37:56 PM »

lol West Virginia.  I guess it's hard to find cousins of different ethnic origins.

West Virginia is a lilly-white state so it's not surprising that they are at the bottom of the list (same with Maine).

OTOH, Mississippi and Alabama show once again that they have a looooong way to go.

And Pennsylvania, WTF?

The low percent in PA doesn't surprise me.  The non-white rural population is tiny (less than 1 percent) and many of the smaller cities, like Altoona, Johnstown, Williamsport, etc have relatively small black populations.  In the meantime, the larger cities are deeply segregated, and while racial tension doesn't abound, racial map is clearly defined, both geographically and socially.

BTW... contrary to popular belief, half of U.S. states have more liberal laws about marrying relatives than West Virginia, in fact, the states that allow First Cousin marriage vs the ones that don't would likely surprise you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage#United_States_2
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies