SC-4: Inglis in real trouble according to new poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:32:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  SC-4: Inglis in real trouble according to new poll
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC-4: Inglis in real trouble according to new poll  (Read 5275 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2010, 04:26:13 PM »
« edited: May 28, 2010, 09:22:22 PM by True Federalist »

Revised post now that I have a link and the actual numbers.

It was a poll conducted for the Gowdy campaign by Ayres, McHenry & Associates that I saw being reported on by WYFF on their 5pm newscast.

300 Likely Republican primary voters (MOE: ±5.66%)

Primary:
Gowdy: 37%
Inglis: 32%
Thomas: 8%
Jeffery: 7%
Lee: 6%
undecided: 10%

Gowdy / Inglis runoff:
Gowdy: 54%
Inglis: 38%
undecided: 8%

Both Gowdy and Inglis have identical favorable ratings of 56%, but only 10% had an unfavorable view of Gowdy, while 38% viewed Inglis unfavorability.

Even with all the caveats of campaign polls, and the MoE from a small sample, it's clear that it will be a Gowdy/Inglis runoff and that unless Inglis can mount one heck of a comeback, Inglis is done.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 04:32:14 PM »

Good.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 04:46:50 PM »

That's what happens in today's Republican party if you cross Glenn Beck.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 05:11:59 PM »

Why do you want your party to go even further off Beckified the deep end?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »

He's just made some disturbing comments, specifically about the Mormon church. I don't know who his opponent is, but I don't want this guy back in the House, even if it means supporting a Democrat.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »

He's just made some disturbing comments, specifically about the Mormon church. I don't know who his opponent is, but I don't want this guy back in the House, even if it means supporting a Democrat.

The only comment concerning Mormonism I know of from Inglis is a blunt truth he told Romney back in 2007, that a lot of people in these parts do not accept that Mormons are Christians because they hold texts not found in the Bible to be holy scripture.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 06:34:38 PM »

The only comment concerning Mormonism I know of from Inglis is a blunt truth he told Romney back in 2007, that a lot of people in these parts do not accept that Mormons are Christians because they hold texts not found in the Bible to be holy scripture.

That is the only comment he's made regarding Mormonism. I really don't see it as an insult to the Mormon Church.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 06:43:41 PM »

That is the only comment he's made regarding Mormonism. I really don't see it as an insult to the Mormon Church.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He is inferring that Mormonism is not Christianity. That is clearly insulting to Mormons as they classify themselves as Christians. If you knew anything about Mormonism you would have known that.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 07:00:05 PM »

Look at this part specifically. What Inglis is trying to say is that many people in South Carolina do not consider Mormons part of the Christian Faith. He's rightfully asserting that if Romney claimed to be a christian, the Evanfascist pastors would be in an uproar about it. He's right, South Carolinians generally do not have a very positive opinion of Mormonism. He's attempting to give Romney advice.

And about my knowledge of Mormonism, I generally don't know very much and don't care very much. All I know that it's pretty recently that Mormons wanted to consider themselves part of the Christian faith. Smith certainly didn't consider himself a Christian.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »

Look at this part specifically. What Inglis is trying to say is that many people in South Carolina do not consider Mormons part of the Christian Faith. He's rightfully asserting that if Romney claimed to be a christian, the Evanfascist pastors would be in an uproar about it. He's right, South Carolinians generally do not have a very positive opinion of Mormonism. He's attempting to give Romney advice.

And about my knowledge of Mormonism, I generally don't know very much and don't care very much. All I know that it's pretty recently that Mormons wanted to consider themselves part of the Christian faith. Smith certainly didn't consider himself a Christian.
Maybe he was just trying to give helpful advice. But the way he worded it was very wrong and made it sound like he also didn't feel like Mormons were also Christians. I have actually discussed this with a couple Mormon friends, and while they weren't mad about the statements, they do think the way he said it made it seem like he didn't think Mormon's were Christians.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 07:30:35 PM »

He is inferring that Mormonism is not Christianity.

Well it isn't. Sorry.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »

Well it isn't. Sorry.

It depends on who you're asking.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »

Well it isn't. Sorry.

I don't really know what the litmus test for being considered a Christian is, but Mormonism does disagree with several major central ideas to the Christian Faith. For example, The Mormon Faith believes that God was once a mortal human before he became God. Christians believe that God has always been God. Christianity infers that the Holy Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit and whatnot) were all one, while Mormonism infers the opposite, and that they were all separate gods.  Pretty major differences if you ask me.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 09:09:01 PM »

Well it isn't. Sorry.

I don't really know what the litmus test for being considered a Christian is, but Mormonism does disagree with several major central ideas to the Christian Faith....For example,

So, under what category of faith, parallel to Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hindusim, etc., would Mormons fit under?

Seems like they themselves call themselves Christian, go to Church, and praise Jesus, it takes a pretty high ground to accuse them of not being Christian at all.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 09:12:15 PM »

So, under what category of faith, parallel to Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hindusim, etc., would Mormons fit under?

Mormonism.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 09:23:59 PM »

Just got a link to the poll numbers and other relevant info.  Edited the first post to put them there.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 04:19:40 AM »

Blah, is religion really the reason why this guy is running behind? Maybe it's because he voted with the Democrats to scold fellow SC congressman Joe "You lie" Wilson; what a traitor.

My representative voted with the Dems, too, on that one. Go Jo.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 04:14:37 PM »

Blah, is religion really the reason why this guy is running behind? Maybe it's because he voted with the Democrats to scold fellow SC congressman Joe "You lie" Wilson; what a traitor.

My representative voted with the Dems, too, on that one. Go Jo.

That along with telling people to turn off Beck is the reason why he is losing.   You don't dare cross the hateful right.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 02:31:04 PM »

Inglis is one of the good guys in Congress. I hope he isn't primaried out for one of the tea-partiers/Beckites.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies