Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 03:07:51 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  General Politics
| |-+  Political Debate (Moderator: Beet)
| | |-+  Should birthright citizenship include children of illegals?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: .
Yes   -30 (69.8%)
No   -13 (30.2%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 43

Author Topic: Should birthright citizenship include children of illegals?  (Read 3750 times)
Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 04:28:57 pm »
Ignore

streets ahead

What does that mean?

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 04:36:28 pm »
Ignore

streets ahead

What does that mean?

I suppose instead of being light-years ahead, it's merely streets ahead. We are ahead, just not by that much. Tongue

Mint
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010, 03:26:57 pm »
Ignore

I don't know, as problematic as it can be it just seems to set a bad precedent to remove citizenship from certain groups of people who were born here.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 10:56:42 pm »
Ignore

Don't take away citizenship but make people pass a test on our constitution at age 18 whether they were born here or not. That includes people whose parents were born as citizens.

I'm Derek and I approve this message.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 02:55:06 am »
Ignore

Don't take away citizenship but make people pass a test on our constitution at age 18 whether they were born here or not. That includes people whose parents were born as citizens.

That makes no sense.  You can't treat a minor as a citizen and then revoke their citizenship at age 18 because they didn't pay attention in civics.
dead0man
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 03:41:22 am »
Ignore

The UK makes spouses learn English or no visa.  link

Hardcore!

Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 07:59:36 am »
Ignore

For countries without birthright citizenship, what do hey do when they find an illegal family that has been living in their country for generations and has no ties to their former country?

this is real
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2010, 03:14:49 am »
Ignore

That makes no sense.  You can't treat a minor as a citizen and then revoke their citizenship at age 18 because they didn't pay attention in civics.

That's not what I'm saying. My bad for not clarifying. No one should be a citizen at birth regardless of being here legally or illegally. At 18, people should have to take a test in order to attain full citizenship.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2010, 12:37:02 pm »
Ignore

That's not what I'm saying. My bad for not clarifying. No one should be a citizen at birth regardless of being here legally or illegally. At 18, people should have to take a test in order to attain full citizenship.

So everyone is stateless until 18?

I don't think you realize quite how bad an idea that is.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2010, 11:25:31 pm »
Ignore

You're here legally but not a citizen. You still count for your parent's taxes and go to school like you're supposed to. At 18 you can become a citizen if you pass a test on our constitution.

justW353
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -2.09

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2010, 01:18:55 am »
Ignore

I don't think he understands any of the trash he writes.

Birthright citizenship is in the Constitution.  There's no going around that.

So a lack of knowledge means I'm not welcome here? I've always wondered why there's a lack of Republicans on this forum and now I'm beginning to see why.
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2010, 01:25:01 am »
Ignore

Well the 14th amendment can be repealed or amended...
Derek
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2010, 01:30:39 am »
Ignore

I don't think that's what's in the 14th amendment though. That banned slavery.

justW353
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -2.09

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2010, 10:33:15 am »
Ignore

I don't think that's what's in the 14th amendment though. That banned slavery.

Here we go again...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

So a lack of knowledge means I'm not welcome here? I've always wondered why there's a lack of Republicans on this forum and now I'm beginning to see why.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout