Ron Paul Introduces Healthcare Reform (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:59:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ron Paul Introduces Healthcare Reform (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul Introduces Healthcare Reform  (Read 3841 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 30, 2010, 06:27:48 PM »

Well this looks to be a complete non-starter, even for those who want to repeal Obamacare, altho I can't be certain as the text of the bill isn't yet on THOMAS, and likely won't be until Tuesday.

First off, if this doesn't increase the deficit, I'll be surprised.  It'll make many people's 1040 more complicated, adding to the workload of the IRS, and making tax accountants happier.  With the high levels of adulterated prescription drugs in some countries, the very last thing anything should want is the automatic import provision described here.  If Ron Paul thinks insurance companies will be any more forthcoming in paying claims on "negative outcomes insurance" without going to court  than they are on malpractice insurance, I'd like to know what he's smoking and whether its FDA approved.

Besides, wouldn't the true libertarian option be to end all subsides for health care currently contained in the tax code, and thereby end a significant portion of government intervention in health care?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies