Office of Northeast Member of Assembly Senator Libertas! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:32:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Northeast Member of Assembly Senator Libertas! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Northeast Member of Assembly Senator Libertas!  (Read 17824 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: June 25, 2010, 12:03:43 AM »

I was worried there for minute. Now I can rest easy knowing PS has found a replacement to serve has his foil now that Marokai has moved on to bigger and better things.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:58:48 PM »

So how do you conduct business with all the secret FBI bugs and electronic surveillance in this office?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:46:05 AM »

highest non RPP pref, man.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 11:18:39 PM »

Endorsed

I would say, there is no policy based on votes.

There is a policy based on "conducting Senate business" atleast once in a 21 day period to avoid losing your seat. That can be a vote, but also mere debate, questioning or what have you also. There is no official policy based on votes but there may be a tradition of grading a Senators service on votes cast versus those not cast, but that is just that, a tradition or precedent.

I do have a question, why did you vote Nay on the Make PS Happy Amendment? Was it because you don't beleive in the standard based on what you said in your previosu post about "basing it on votes" or something else?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 06:21:34 PM »

Not endorsed.

Show up once in a while and do your f-cking job. Seriously. If this was real life you'd be getting paid from public funds for not turning up to votes. If you want to take a stand against a perceived lack of debate - abstain.

Yeah, next thing you know I might end up almost as inactive as President afleitch was.

How dare you, sir. I was Vice President in those days and we made inactivity look amazing. Don't you ever make it sound like a bad thing.

He is probably referring to the Afleitch/Smid administration in early 2010. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 07:12:25 PM »

Not endorsed.

Show up once in a while and do your f-cking job. Seriously. If this was real life you'd be getting paid from public funds for not turning up to votes. If you want to take a stand against a perceived lack of debate - abstain.

Yeah, next thing you know I might end up almost as inactive as President afleitch was.

How dare you, sir. I was Vice President in those days and we made inactivity look amazing. Don't you ever make it sound like a bad thing.

He is probably referring to the Afleitch/Smid administration in early 2010. Tongue

Which in comparison to past presidencies was fairly active and achieved most of it's initial aims (especially with regards Senate activity, revised bills and vetos). It faltered in it's lasty months because PS had decided to run. I don't however have the energy to defend it.

So basically you ended up like a one term version of George W. Bush. Wink Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 07:21:20 PM »

Not endorsed.

Which in comparison to past presidencies was fairly active and achieved most of it's initial aims (especially with regards Senate activity, revised bills and vetos). It faltered in it's lasty months because PS had decided to run. I don't however have the energy to defend it.

So basically you ended up like a one term version of George W. Bush. Wink Tongue

Not really; for some reason people decided that being a President who signed bills in to law, returned bills with amendments/vetos and used his office to communicate with the people as had been the pattern since the game began wasn't enough. I let the Senate legislate (and it did rather well), which I had done in my first presidency and other presidents had done. I set the Cabinet tasks to undertake...but they were not overly responsive. I set up a 'Question Time' which barring quickly answered questions at the start did not generate the interest I had hoped.

I think it was Al who pointed out that my administration was not that different from what had gone before. Purple State however has set a 'benchmark' allowing my administration to become a 'by-word' for inactive. 

I meant in terms of not defending the record you ended up like Bush. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 07:31:22 PM »

Not endorsed.

Not really; for some reason people decided that being a President who signed bills in to law, returned bills with amendments/vetos and used his office to communicate with the people as had been the pattern since the game began wasn't enough. I let the Senate legislate (and it did rather well), which I had done in my first presidency and other presidents had done. I set the Cabinet tasks to undertake...but they were not overly responsive. I set up a 'Question Time' which barring quickly answered questions at the start did not generate the interest I had hoped.

I think it was Al who pointed out that my administration was not that different from what had gone before. Purple State however has set a 'benchmark' allowing my administration to become a 'by-word' for inactive. 

I meant in terms of not defending the record you ended up like Bush. Tongue

I suppose Smiley But whats the point? I'm finished in Atlasia. Despite being an active SOIA for the brief time I was in office I had to put out a message to prove I was 'active' because there was simply an assumption circulating that somehow I wasn't Tongue You can't fight that.

Anyways - i'll stop clogging up this thread Smiley

I didn't get that memo. Wink

Now listen ya hear, according to Phil I'm dictatorial, so I command that you are not finished in Atlasia. And I order you to purge such ridiculous thoughts immediately, so ordered. Wink Tongue

Seriously, give the idiots time and they will forget or just not care. People have survived much worse and remained viable.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 08:02:03 PM »

Endorsed

I would say, there is no policy based on votes.

There is a policy based on "conducting Senate business" atleast once in a 21 day period to avoid losing your seat. That can be a vote, but also mere debate, questioning or what have you also. There is no official policy based on votes but there may be a tradition of grading a Senators service on votes cast versus those not cast, but that is just that, a tradition or precedent.

I do have a question, why did you vote Nay on the Make PS Happy Amendment? Was it because you don't beleive in the standard based on what you said in your previosu post about "basing it on votes" or something else?

I did not see any reason that would make that amendment necessary. PS himself opposed it.

Well I would disagree because the current setup is under question and it could get dragged into court into the future if a situation arises again. PS himself said he thinks the current procedure is unconstitutional and so we either pass that amendment or repeal the current procedure to resolve and remove doubts about its legitimacy.

Do you also agree with Purple State's position that the "expulsion" procedure should be used to deal with innactive Senators?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 01:01:34 AM »

I cannot tell you how much I miss 2010.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 12:30:15 AM »

...those days are gone forever. I should just let em go, but...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies