Who will be banned first?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:48:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who will be banned first?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Who will be banned first?
Libertas

HoffmanJohn

Neither will be

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Who will be banned first?  (Read 4898 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2010, 10:43:08 PM »

Let's put it more simply for y'all:  If HJ wasn't going to be banned, I would have resigned from being a moderator.  His flooding of my forum was so intense that on multiple occasions, where my boss could see my computer screen, I was forced to pretend to go to the bathroom just to use my mobile to delete & lock his flood of threads.  I mean, I deleted probably about 100 of his threads in the last two months just on my two boards for either being repetitive or off-topic [not for content at all].  I don't know what the other moderators had to deal with, but for me, it was an intense experience that I would have been forced to resign under should that have been accepted as the status quo.

You can agree or disagree, but really, the question for me was whether or not I could maintain my ideal of generic sanity on my two boards.  That's what I aim for, it's not about whether I disagree or agree with what you're trying to say, and I'd like to think I have little bias in that regard.  And I begged him to switch directions, in PM's, public statements, contacting his roommate, and publicly posted PM's.

So, yeah, as I said above, what for you may be an slightly amusing, unoffensive thread, may be for me five hours of thankless effort of getting rid of the opposite.  While I can sympathize with the anarchic view that everything should be allowed, no matter what, that's not what this forum is, has ever been, or will be.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies