"Terrorism kills, and Barbara Boxer is worried about the weather."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:38:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  "Terrorism kills, and Barbara Boxer is worried about the weather."
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "Terrorism kills, and Barbara Boxer is worried about the weather."  (Read 3656 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2010, 05:17:21 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3opch_q4M0&feature=player_embedded

I also like how she touts that she's a conservative Republican, that'll be a winner, especially where I'm from. And I don't think she's gonna be bragging that she led HP near election time. If she's the nominee.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 05:21:04 PM »

What a bizarre ad.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »

Who's that old lady at the beginning? And where exactly is Fiorina battle-tested?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 05:57:35 PM »

Oh please let this backfire on her and cause the nomination of Campbell.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »

Please run this ad in October carly pls
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 06:58:38 PM »

Hahah, watching her lose in November is going to be sweet.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 07:01:22 PM »

I'd prefer watching her lose in the primary. Campbell is so much more deserving of the nomination.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 06:08:30 AM »

^^^^^^
You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 06:50:20 AM »

LOL, that's one of the funniest ads i've seen.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 10:46:18 AM »

I'd prefer watching her lose in the primary. Campbell is so much more deserving of the nomination.

Maybe so but he might actually have a shot in November. I'd much rather one of the other two sure-fire losers won the primary, personally!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 11:02:57 AM »

If Campbell can't beat Carlyfornia, I don't see how he'd be able to beat Boxer. But yes, it'll be more fun watching Carly just implode brutally.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 12:10:10 PM »

^^^^^^

There's a week left. There's still time for the backdraft to take effect.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 12:25:34 PM »

That is one creepy ad.  Her eyes have an almost demonic look.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »

That is one creepy ad.  Her eyes have an almost demonic look.

Oh, come on.  Everyone knows who the demon in the race is:

In all seriousness, though, that ad makes Fiorina look like she crawled out of the depths of Hell to run for the Senate.  The backlighting is horrendous.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 04:31:42 PM »

In all seriousness, though, that ad makes Fiorina look like she crawled out of the depths of Hell to run for the Senate.

Well, she was born in Texas which is pretty close.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »

Fiorina is perhaps the biggest train wreck of a candidate I have yet seen. The only explanation I can come up with is that either she's an idiot or she thinks that all Californians are idiots. I still hope that Campbell will put it out, so that we might be able to have an actual race.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 06:50:44 PM »

Fiorina is perhaps the biggest train wreck of a candidate I have yet seen. The only explanation I can come up with is that either she's an idiot or she thinks that all Californians are idiots. I still hope that Campbell will put it out, so that we might be able to have an actual race.

There still will be plenty of excitement and fireworks, perhaps moreso, if Fiorina is nominated.  It's just that the conclusion will have already been written. 
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »

Is she trying to trick people into thinking she's liberal with that whacked out haircut or something?  I'm all for short, but that looks like she did it herself...

And when was she "battle-tested"?

The underlying question really, is how these morons keep stepping all over actually GOOD candidates?  Republicans very well could screw up this election by allowing these kinds of people to pay their way to a monumental loss in a potentially competitive race.

Oh, and if the answer wasn't obvious enough:
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 07:02:49 PM »

Is she trying to trick people into thinking she's liberal with that whacked out haircut or something?  I'm all for short, but that looks like she did it herself...

I'm not sure what her political strategy was, getting cancer and having to go temporarily bald.  

I know some people think that cancer is dangerous, but why are politicians intentionally getting cancer then?
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 07:07:44 PM »

Is she trying to trick people into thinking she's liberal with that whacked out haircut or something?  I'm all for short, but that looks like she did it herself...
I'm not sure what her political strategy was, getting cancer and having to go temporarily bald.  

I know some people think that cancer is dangerous, but why are politicians intentionally getting cancer then?

Well, I had no idea...so call me a dick for that but let's not get carried away.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 07:10:01 PM »

It's cool.  Fwiw that strategy didn't work for Arlen Specter either.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 04:31:47 PM »

You know, I wouldnt count Carly out.  She's sleazy enough to give Boxer's slash and trash campaign a run for its money.  If Boxer gives in and starts running dirty ads, which she will, she effectively cedes the thing she needs to win the race and thats calmness and a bit of moderation.  That "call me senator" remark damaged her badly, that and the incident with the black guy at the chamber of commerce.

I don't know why everyone is so high on Campbell, especially other conservatives.  Campbell is a pan-jiihadist, and is a tax raiser of the highest magnitude.  These are not things I have heard not just from Carly's campaign, but from NRO, who certainly prefer Devore > Carly > Campbell. 
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »

You know, I wouldnt count Carly out.  She's sleazy enough to give Boxer's slash and trash campaign a run for its money.  If Boxer gives in and starts running dirty ads, which she will, she effectively cedes the thing she needs to win the race and thats calmness and a bit of moderation.  That "call me senator" remark damaged her badly, that and the incident with the black guy at the chamber of commerce.

I don't know why everyone is so high on Campbell, especially other conservatives.  Campbell is a pan-jiihadist, and is a tax raiser of the highest magnitude.  These are not things I have heard not just from Carly's campaign, but from NRO, who certainly prefer Devore > Carly > Campbell. 

Boxer does not really need calmness or moderation to win. Californians need to be convinced to vote Republican, & unless Fiorina can prove herself to be a strong candidate in areas other than money, Boxer wins, no matter how badly she might tarnish herself in the process. As Gray Davis showed us, scorched earth tactics do work.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 05:33:29 PM »
« Edited: June 04, 2010, 05:36:22 PM by Lunar »

You know, I wouldnt count Carly out.  She's sleazy enough to give Boxer's slash and trash campaign a run for its money.  If Boxer gives in and starts running dirty ads, which she will, she effectively cedes the thing she needs to win the race and thats calmness and a bit of moderation.  That "call me senator" remark damaged her badly, that and the incident with the black guy at the chamber of commerce.

I don't know why everyone is so high on Campbell, especially other conservatives.  Campbell is a pan-jiihadist, and is a tax raiser of the highest magnitude.  These are not things I have heard not just from Carly's campaign, but from NRO, who certainly prefer Devore > Carly > Campbell.  

I didn't realize that she had been damaged so badly by those two events that Fiorina will have a far easier time winning!  Everyone in the state must be REALLY angry at her about those events.

God, I  bet Boxer wishes she had only done what Senator Vitter did, then she'd not have to worry about her opponent being able to overcome the partisan advantage in her state!  

And the guy wasn't "the black guy at the Chamber of Commerce" it was "the guy from the National Black Chamber of Commerce."  What you said about his race was correct though, the guy from the Black Chamber of Commerce did happen to be black.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 05:40:35 PM »

You know, I wouldnt count Carly out.  She's sleazy enough to give Boxer's slash and trash campaign a run for its money.  If Boxer gives in and starts running dirty ads, which she will, she effectively cedes the thing she needs to win the race and thats calmness and a bit of moderation.  That "call me senator" remark damaged her badly, that and the incident with the black guy at the chamber of commerce.

I don't know why everyone is so high on Campbell, especially other conservatives.  Campbell is a pan-jiihadist, and is a tax raiser of the highest magnitude.  These are not things I have heard not just from Carly's campaign, but from NRO, who certainly prefer Devore > Carly > Campbell.  

I didn't realize that she had been damaged so badly by those two events that Fiorina will have a far easier time winning!  Everyone in the state must be REALLY angry at her about those events.

God, I  bet Boxer wishes she had only done what Senator Vitter did, then she'd not have to worry about her opponent being able to overcome the partisan advantage in her state!  

And the guy wasn't "the black guy at the Chamber of Commerce" it was "the guy from the National Black Chamber of Commerce."  What you said about his race was correct though, the guy from the Black Chamber of Commerce did happen to be black.

What are these very important incidents that I have never heard of?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies