Cabinet Positions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:02:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cabinet Positions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cabinet Positions  (Read 22177 times)
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2004, 01:25:36 PM »

To allow us to move along, I think that we ought to determine which executive departments should be included in the Constitution. Demrepdan proposes as follows:

- Dept. of State
- Dept. of the Treasury
- Dept. of Defense and Security
- Dept. of Justice (Attorney-General)
- Dept. of Forum Affairs

I propose the following departments, in addition to the above, a Dept. of Commerce and Labor.
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 02:18:31 PM »

I propose the following departments, in addition to the above, a Dept. of Commerce and Labor.

Many people won't like that....because there have already been complaints of having too many positions now....if people don't want a 5 member Supreme Court (which I view the Supreme Court as more important)...then why would they want two more frivolous positions at the forum....that serve less of a purpose than the Supreme Court?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 02:26:40 PM »

If you make me unemployed I'll sue
dunn

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 02:30:05 PM »

the president should be able to  decide which cabinet members and position he want. the only limit should be their number (5)
Demrepdan

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 02:33:04 PM »

the president should be able to  decide which cabinet members and position he want. the only limit should be their number (5)

The way it is written now...(and I'm sure we'll have dozens of people who want this changed).....all Presidential appointments must be met by Senate approval.....
dunn

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 02:36:41 PM »

The way it is written now...(and I'm sure we'll have dozens of people who want this changed).....all Presidential appointments must be met by Senate approval.....

true (also in the progressive draft it was like that.. Wink

12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 03:05:26 PM »

I know that Nym is having personal problems, but has any one noticed that we are still missing some key cabinate appiontments?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 03:07:27 PM »

I know that Nym is having personal problems, but has any one noticed that we are still missing some key cabinate appiontments?
Who exactly has been appointed to what?
I suppose I could give temporary appoitments until he returns.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 03:08:46 PM »

Secretary of Forum Affairs Demrepdan
Secretar of Defense MAS117

That's all I think.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 03:15:21 PM »

Hmmm, didn't he appoint an attorney general also?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 03:20:01 PM »

Attorney General Migrendel too
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 03:20:23 PM »

Secretary of Forum Affairs Demrepdan
Secretar of Defense MAS117

That's all I think.

CM as Chief of Staff and Al/Realpolitik as Secretary of Labour.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 03:23:51 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2004, 03:24:42 PM by Emsworth »

If we wish to reduce the number of positions, then I would recommend that Treasury, Commerce and Labor be merged into one department, called the Dept of the Treasury or of Finance. Furthermore, Forum Affairs could be absorbed by State.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2004, 03:53:38 PM »

Nym told me to be his press secretary, but that's not really cabinet. That's just me relaying info that Nym can't give himself cause he's too busy.

MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2004, 04:10:15 PM »

As a current member of the 1st Presidential cabinet I support a 5 member cabinet (2 seats being filled up by me and demrepdan). I also think that the President can remove any member of the cabinet without Senates permission
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2004, 04:19:52 PM »

So we don't have a Sec. of State?  What the HELL are we supposed to do if a international crisis breaks-out!?!?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2004, 04:22:22 PM »

No offense meant to Nym, but I had this whole thing planned out a month before the election.  I had picks and back-up picks for every possition and a plan for future government if we choose to establish it and how we would go about doing that.  We need to organize.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2004, 04:22:58 PM »

No offense meant to Nym, but I had this whole thing planned out a month before the election.  I had picks and back-up picks for every possition and a plan for future government if we choose to establish it and how we would go about doing that.  We need to organize.

Maybe you could publish it, it could be a cool what-if... Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2004, 04:23:58 PM »

No, I'm not trying to lead a coup here.  Publishing my plans would be going to far.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2004, 04:27:19 PM »

No, I'm not trying to lead a coup here.  Publishing my plans would be going to far.

Lol, why not a coup, it would make things a little more interesting! Smiley

But maybe Harry can make the last appointments if Nym isn't around. OR, we can have a special election... Wink
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2004, 04:28:09 PM »

But maybe Harry can make the last appointments if Nym isn't around. OR, we can have a special election... Wink

Gustaf, could you be the temporary Secretary of State until Nym90 makes his decision?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2004, 04:34:53 PM »

Gustaf, could you be the temporary Secretary of State until Nym90 makes his decision?

Well, I don't know, I'd have to check with my family and I also have the responsibility towards the voters of Minnesota...

I'll take it. Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 04:40:01 PM »

We should be exited about getting this government up and running.  We should be concentrating on that for now.  Congrats by the way.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 04:43:18 PM »

We should be exited about getting this government up and running.  We should be concentrating on that for now.  Congrats by the way.

Thanks. Smiley At last, an appointment, lol. I Hope people won't start asking me about my views next... Wink
dunn

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2004, 07:07:41 PM »

Thanks. Smiley At last, an appointment, lol. I Hope people won't start asking me about my views next... Wink

Con Gustaf, it's a fine pick

Is veep Harry now an active president, Can a vp choose a cabinet member?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies