6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:41:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23
Author Topic: 6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)  (Read 39528 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »

Inglis is getting destroyed. I'll be sorry to see him go.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2010, 09:07:36 PM »

The thing to remember in AR is that Halter gained over the course of the reporting in almost every county, so using anything other than fully reported counties as a baseline might be dangerious. For evidence, see Jefferson, which he trailed in by nearly 30 points with early votes in, but has improved to only trailing by 17. That said it looks bad.
I'm kind of confused by that. Wouldn't Black precincts, strong Lincoln areas, usually report later?
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2010, 09:07:57 PM »

Cry

This night is going pretty rotten.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2010, 09:08:34 PM »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hurt is clearly going to be the nominee against our progressive friend Tom in VA, by a very strong margin too, leading everyone else combined, essentially, despite being a "tax-increaser" Sad
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2010, 09:11:39 PM by True Federalist »

AP's called that Scott has made the runoff in SC-1, but not who his opponent will be.  Thurmond has second for now, but Campbell has done better in the counties that haven't fully reported yet.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2010, 09:09:47 PM »

If these numbers are right, Diane Gooch is probably not going to win in NJ-06. about 1/4 of the precincts are in for Middlesex and she's barely winning there.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hurt is clearly going to be the nominee against our progressive friend Tom in VA, by a very strong margin too, leading everyone else combined, essentially, despite being a "tax-increaser" Sad
I expected that but still: Sad

It's too bad that there were so many teabagger candidates.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2010, 09:12:01 PM »

I expected him to win, just not by 48%ish, more like in the 30s, I mean he was the object of scorn by all the teaparties for raising taxes and faced like five challengers, that he would win the plurality was pretty obvious, but so decisively? 
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2010, 09:12:14 PM »

HAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0610/744075.html

The SC Democrats just nominated an unemployed military vet who had no signs, no money and no website, and hadn't been seen since he filed.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2010, 09:12:26 PM »

The thing to remember in AR is that Halter gained over the course of the reporting in almost every county, so using anything other than fully reported counties as a baseline might be dangerious. For evidence, see Jefferson, which he trailed in by nearly 30 points with early votes in, but has improved to only trailing by 17. That said it looks bad.
I'm kind of confused by that. Wouldn't Black precincts, strong Lincoln areas, usually report later?

You never necessarily know what's going to report when in these areas.  I'm getting Dan's point though (should have followed the AR results more closely last time).  Point being, most of Pulaski is still out and that's a problem given the breakdown so far.  Even in Washington though, Lincoln only won by 8 last time and is now winning by 18.  Considering that the other counties look close to break-even to me, it is not encouraging for Halter supporters.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2010, 09:12:37 PM »

Hmm... Halter keeps gaining...
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2010, 09:13:19 PM »

I won't be.  He voted to ban Internet gambling, sided with the Democrats against Iraq, and has increasingly taken on a pro-"climate change"stance - no thanks!  Let someone who actually represents Upstate South Carolina values represent Upstate South Carolina.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »

Causey, Wills, and Bledsoe leading the AR House runoffs, all with 52-53%.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2010, 09:13:32 PM »

The SC Democrats just nominated an unemployed military vet who had no signs, no money and no website, and hadn't been seen since he filed.

BAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA. PATHETIC.
He doesn't even have a website! WTF?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2010, 09:13:36 PM »

Dawg, you're going to regret laughing if the California GOP nominated Orly Taitz, which is a SERIOUS possibility.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #240 on: June 08, 2010, 09:14:25 PM »

LOL if Halter vs. Lincoln ends up 50/50.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #241 on: June 08, 2010, 09:15:21 PM »

How is that Hatorade tasting?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »

I expected him to win, just not by 48%ish, more like in the 30s, I mean he was the object of scorn by all the teaparties for raising taxes and faced like five challengers, that he would win the plurality was pretty obvious, but so decisively?  
He got 48 percent!? I only heard he won through this thread. I had no idea that it was such of a pwnage.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2010, 09:15:40 PM »

You never necessarily know what's going to report when in these areas.  I'm getting Dan's point though (should have followed the AR results more closely last time).  Point being, most of Pulaski is still out and that's a problem given the breakdown so far.  Even in Washington though, Lincoln only won by 8 last time and is now winning by 18.  Considering that the other counties look close to break-even to me, it is not encouraging for Halter supporters.

I think your right. My observations were in fact based on the AR-2 runoff results, which is a black v. white race, and I was assuming Elliot's strong showing indicated the black areas being in.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »

Good morning, what did I miss ?

Can anyone give a short summary ?
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2010, 09:17:27 PM »

How is that Hatorade tasting?

Delicious. I think I'm going to go donate to  Alvin Greene.
Oh wait, I can't....
HAHAHAAA.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2010, 09:18:21 PM »

Halter got some very strong showings in from Little River and Miller, two counties around Texarkana which were his strongest counties in the primary too.  Just fyi.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »

Halter got some very strong showings in from Little River and Miller, two counties around Texarkana which were his strongest counties in the primary too.  Just fyi.

I don't think this puppy is over with just yet.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »

I'm really confused, why are all of the sites showing different GOP candidates for the Sen primary in Nevada???
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2010, 09:21:35 PM »

AP hasn't called it yet, but I'm pretty sure Noem will win in South Dakota.  What's out seems to be largely Pennington County (Rapid City) and various small counties largely on Indian reservations.  So far, Noem is winning Pennington and surrounding counties and there aren't many Republicans on the reservations.  Noem should hold on.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies