6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:55:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23
Author Topic: 6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)  (Read 39508 times)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2010, 09:23:25 PM »

WTF is going on with Orly Taitz?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hurt is clearly going to be the nominee against our progressive friend Tom in VA, by a very strong margin too, leading everyone else combined, essentially, despite being a "tax-increaser" Sad
I expected that but still: Sad

It's too bad that there were so many teabagger candidates.

I expected him to win, just not by 48%ish, more like in the 30s, I mean he was the object of scorn by all the teaparties for raising taxes and faced like five challengers, that he would win the plurality was pretty obvious, but so decisively?  
He got 48 percent!? I only heard he won through this thread. I had no idea that it was such of a pwnage.

The establishment feeling, at least that which I am attuned to [I'm a Democrat in NYC fwiw] was that he was going to do MUCH worse, but was going to win anyway because he had eight opponents attacking him vigorously an thus splitting the anti-Hurt vote.

But he seems to have taken them to the house, which bodes very, very, very ill for Perriello
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2010, 09:23:33 PM »

Halter got some very strong showings in from Little River and Miller, two counties around Texarkana which were his strongest counties in the primary too.  Just fyi.

Lafayette, Sevier and Hempstead too.  Interesting.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #253 on: June 08, 2010, 09:24:01 PM »

Unsurprisingly, Branstad is winning in Iowa, 60-31.

More surprisingly, Brad Zaun has taken a huge lead in IA-03, he's up 51-22 over Jim Gibbons, but Polk is pretty much the only county reporting.

I don't think there's a psychologist in the world that could answer that question.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #254 on: June 08, 2010, 09:24:48 PM »

She's on an 1 on 1 match with a lackluster opponent for whoever gets to be the sacrificial lamb for California SoS.  No votes have come in yet, but people figure, if no one knows whoever they are, the CA GOP will have to disavow her and be embarrassed from now until November.  

Kinda rooting for Orly to be honest.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #255 on: June 08, 2010, 09:25:07 PM »

BREAKING- Halter now LEADS!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2010, 09:25:35 PM »

Halter got some very strong showings in from Little River and Miller, two counties around Texarkana which were his strongest counties in the primary too.  Just fyi.

Lafayette, Sevier and Hempstead too.  Interesting.

Getting ready to adjust your call again yet? Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #257 on: June 08, 2010, 09:25:53 PM »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Hurt is clearly going to be the nominee against our progressive friend Tom in VA, by a very strong margin too, leading everyone else combined, essentially, despite being a "tax-increaser" Sad

I expected him to win, just not by 48%ish, more like in the 30s, I mean he was the object of scorn by all the teaparties for raising taxes and faced like five challengers, that he would win the plurality was pretty obvious, but so decisively?  
He got 48 percent!? I only heard he won through this thread. I had no idea that it was such of a pwnage.

The establishment feeling, at least that which I am attuned to [I'm a Democrat in NYC fwiw] was that he was going to do MUCH worse, but was going to win anyway because he had eight opponents attacking him vigorously an thus splitting the anti-Hurt vote.

But he seems to have taken them to the house, which bodes very, very, very ill for Perriello

Does it? I suppose it depends if an independent tea bagger runs or not now. I'm inclined to believe that Perriello's odds are better in a Periello vs. Hurt vs. Indy Teabagger race than a Periello vs. Republican Teabagger race.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2010, 09:26:49 PM »

OH YEAH
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2010, 09:27:05 PM »

Either the results are screwed up or Halter pulled off a miracle, because he's winning Pulaski 59-41.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #260 on: June 08, 2010, 09:27:14 PM »

Well now, if Halter has a 59%-41% lead in Pulaski...
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #261 on: June 08, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »

Well now, if Halter has a 59%-41% lead in Pulaski...
lol
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »

Does it? I suppose it depends if an independent tea bagger runs or not now. I'm inclined to believe that Perriello's odds are better in a Periello vs. Hurt vs. Indy Teabagger race than a Periello vs. Republican Teabagger race.

Hurt has an electoral base in the district, and a history of being not completely insane on tax issues, having voted for Warner's budget in '04 or whatevsky, how's that going to hurt him when he so clearly dominated the GOP primary [read: activists] despite a laundry list of opponents attacking him?
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #263 on: June 08, 2010, 09:31:03 PM »

It didn't hurt Hurt that his opposition was so scattershot. Rigell had a couple of decent opponents with military backgrounds and money, Mizusawa and Loyola. Hurt's opposition was small potatoes compared to those two.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2010, 09:31:15 PM »

Lincoln won the first round there 52-40.  Halter is from there, of course.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2010, 09:32:03 PM »

Haha, Arkansas.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2010, 09:33:19 PM »

WTF?
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

UGH NOW LINCOLNS AHEAD AGAIN IN AR. UGGGGH
xavier110
United States
« Reply #268 on: June 08, 2010, 09:33:57 PM »

They updated it w/ correct Pulaski #s... Still 51-49 Lincoln.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2010, 09:34:14 PM »

HAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0610/744075.html

The SC Democrats just nominated an unemployed military vet who had no signs, no money and no website, and hadn't been seen since he filed.

BAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA. PATHETIC.
He doesn't even have a website! WTF?

I suspect it was case of people voting against Vic Rawl and not caring who his opponent was.  In either case, they were going to lose, so it doesn't bother me too much.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2010, 09:34:39 PM »

So someone entered in Pulaski backwards?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »

Hurt has an electoral base in the district, and a history of being not completely insane on tax issues, having voted for Warner's budget in '04 or whatevsky, how's that going to hurt him when he so clearly dominated the GOP primary [read: activists] despite a laundry list of opponents attacking him?

There's still 52% of the base that voted against the guy, and keep in mind that this is the same electorate which thought Virgil Goode, basically the proto-tea partier, was a good representative.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »

The two big counties in NW Arkansas (Benton (Bentonville) & Washington (Fayetteville)) are totally out.  How did they vote the last time?  
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2010, 09:35:12 PM »

They updated it w/ correct Pulaski #s... Still 51-49 Lincoln.

They f-ed up the Pulaski numbers, as I suspected.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »

The two big counties in NW Arkansas (Benton (Bentonville) & Washington (Fayetteville)) are totally out.  How did they vote the last time?  

Lincoln won both.  Benton by a lot.  Washington by the same as Pulaski, which is why I posted the above prediction many pages back.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies