6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:13:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 6/8 Primaries - AR, CA, IA, ME, MT, NV, NJ, ND, SC, SD, VA (results links in OP)  (Read 39547 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 03, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »

Meg Whitman a nobody? With the amount of money she's pumped in, she's practically more recognizeable than Jesus among Californian voters at this point.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 05:06:39 PM »

NJ-03 can be taken off of any watch list if Runyan doesn't win the primary.

What would you say the odds are of that happening?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:51:52 PM »

Well Runyan got the nomination in NJ-03. I guess that, per RowanBrandon's earlier statement, it might be worth watching it in November.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »

Boozman would have been the favorite to win even if Halter had been the Democratic nominee. However, the Democrats just threw away their opportunity to go down in style. Such is politics.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:38:38 PM »

Newsom is winning the primary for California Lt. Governor. Must say I am rather ambivalent about it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:45:20 PM »

Campbell's winning Santa Cruz, fwiw. Probably one of the counties that carries the least weight in a GOP primary.

Campbell may well carry the Bay area. Pity that the number of Republicans there can fit into a ballroom.

The day any Republican wins the Bay Area (especially Berkeley), I will eat my hat.

He meant in the primary.

I know that.  But as he said, the amount of GOP in the Bay Area literally fits into one ballroom.  Thus, it's almost impossible for any GOP candidate to win the Bay Area (in the current status of CA that is)

Well he is obviously exaggerating. Off the top of my head, 11% of registered voters in San Francisco County are Republicans, which works out to about 50,000 voters. You got the point, at any rate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 10:52:37 PM »

Newsom is winning the primary for California Lt. Governor. Must say I am rather ambivalent about it.

He's not that left-wing economically, which is a plus for someone like yourself, on the other hand, it is pretty much a demotion on his part.

I heard talk of a soda tax from his corner (well, from his wife specifically). I think it's pretty obvious how I feel about such a notion. Personally, I am afraid that getting elected to statewide office will do nothing but feed his further political aspirations.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »

Angle-Lowden could end up to be a skin tight race. We need another vote dump of today votes in Clark to know.
I (sadly) don't see it. Angle is now leading by 7, with 32% in. These are extremely disappointing results. Everyone prepare for another session with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

The outlying counties are pipsqueaks. It feels odd to say, but we really can't say anything definitive until Clark County starts pouring in.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 11:25:23 PM »

32%. I take it you did not vote for her and are very embarrassed by 1 out of 3 California Republicans?

You talking about Carly "Israel" Fiorina?

Fiornia and the other American worker hating CEO did a lot better than 32%.

This is why I hate active threads like this.  I quoted the wrong post, I think.  I assume it was DeVore who got 32%.

No, the Birther lady.

How about you tell us her name?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »

Updated proposition numbers!

Proposition 1385.4% AYE14.6% NAY
Proposition 1460.3% AYE39.7% NAY
Proposition 1542.9% AYE57.1% NAY
Proposition 1651.4% AYE48.6% NAY
Proposition 1753.3% AYE46.7% NAY

I am deeply disappointed with Propositon 14 passing. I'm also somewhat disappointed that Proposition 16 is currently passing, but it might yet fail.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 11:48:14 PM »

You don't like the jungle primary Pit?

It essentially eliminates protest voting in general elections. I would be more favorable to it if it also incorporated a Nevada-style NOTA line.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 01:37:53 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2010, 01:40:22 AM by SE Legislator PiT »

John Dennis was nominated to be the sacrificial lamb to Pelosi. I look forward to probably voting for him. Smiley That combined with my side currently winning all statewide Propositions except 14 & local Measure F going down to defeat, tonight actually wasn't that much of a disappointment for me. Granted Campbell lost, but I knew that was coming for a couple of weeks now, so the disappointment wasn't that great.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 01:45:14 AM »

Once again proving how great it is, San Francisco was the only county of significance to vote against Prop 14.

We defeated it by 10% to boot! For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my county. Cheesy
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 02:05:21 AM »

For some reason, Prop 14's support has begun dropping, down to 57% now. I suppose the numbers don't really exist to flip it, especially since San Francisco County is 100% in now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies