New Hampshire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:42:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New Hampshire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Hampshire  (Read 19847 times)
NorthernDog
Rookie

« on: December 02, 2003, 08:02:18 PM »

As a side note Vermont was an underpopulated Republican bastion until the 1970s, when lots of liberals (like Howard Dean) started moving in with a concerted effort to take over the state.  Perhaps NH's strict anti-tax laws have made it unpalatable to such efforts, and it has remained more conservative than the rest of NewEngland.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 07:14:14 PM »

An American friend of mine told me that politicians of both colours tend to be socially liberal in liberal states and vice versa. Is that usually correct? If so, would a 'liberal' Republican be elected in Utah or Texas? Even if they were up against a socially conservative Democrat?
I think this is the tendency but there's quite a few exceptions.  There's pro-life Democrats around and pro-choice abortion Republicans if you really look at voting records.  Until this year Dennis Kucinnich was pro-life!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies