New Hampshire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:15:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New Hampshire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Hampshire  (Read 19852 times)
WONK
Rookie

« on: December 04, 2003, 02:56:15 PM »

I agree-I am puzzled as to what Bush could do to "help the hunters".  The taking away guns in Iraq point is not really relevant as I see it, after all, it is tough enough to determine who is fighting us over there and who is not.  Additional guns in the Iraqi population (at this point in time) would only cause more problems for US.  I don't think you can draw a conclusion that Bush would take everyones gun if he could b/c he took guns from Iraq.  Looks like you're falling for the empty Patriot Act Is Evil rhetoric.
WONK
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 03:29:26 PM »

By the way, someone mentioned Maryland along with 2 other states as surprisingly having Rep governors.  Just to share personal experience, it was truly shocking when Ehrlich (R) defeated Kennedy Townsend (D) in the 02 governors contest, since you have to do an archaeological dig in this state to find a Republican voter or politician.  I felt I was wasting my time bothering to vote that day, and was amazed at the result. In my opinion, this governor's race is a great example of what is going on with politics as a whole in this country (the Rep upswing).  One of the debates took place at Morgan State University, and the crowd was vehemently anti-Ehrlich.  What happened at the debate was a microcosm of the whole campaign and I feel the reason Ehrlich and other Reps are winning.  He calmly delivered a positive, coherent, positive message, refusing to sling mud, while Townsend frequently lost her cool when things were not going her way and ran on a negative, scare-tactic basis.  The voters responded to the positive message (despite the overwhelming Dem tendencies of this state), just as is happening all over the country.  Very Reaganesque.
WONK
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 01:16:16 PM »

Oh it's liberal.  Trust me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies