What should I do on June 8?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:31:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What should I do on June 8?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Vote out scumbag representative.

Attempt to influence GOP primary.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: What should I do on June 8?  (Read 875 times)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2010, 07:58:11 AM »

The June 8th Primary is almost here in South Carolina, and I still haven't made up my mind on what to do. My choices are:

A). Vote in the Democratic Primary, vote my scumbag of a representative Jimmy Bales out. I would also get the chance to vote NOTA against my Congressman, Jim Clyburn. Also get to make sure that the Democratic Nominee isn't Jim Rex.

or

B). Vote in the Republican Primary, and vote for the person who will most likely be the next Governor (Haley, Barret, McMaster or Bauer).

I really detest Jimmy Bales, and it would be pretty sweet to kick him out. But since Sheheen and especially Rex probably don't have much of a chance of defeating the Governor, would it be smarter to attempt to make sure the GOP Nominee isn't Bauer?

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 09:53:53 AM »

You're in Jim Clyburn's district? Gross!

Voting in the GOP primary is probably more worthwhile than in the Dem one. Sanford isn't unpopular enough to give the Democrats the mansion unless Bauer wins the GOP nomination. I hate the man, so if you're planning on voting against him, go do it. If either he or Barret win the GOP, I'm voting for Sheheen.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

There may be a law that says you have to vote in the Republican primary if you want to vote in the Republican runoff. Something to consider if you're wanting to do that later on.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 12:21:16 PM »

I know. Sad Don't you spoiled Charlestonians get Bob Inglis? Grin And everything else good for that matter. Angry

Voting in the GOP primary is probably more worthwhile than in the Dem one. Sanford isn't unpopular enough to give the Democrats the mansion unless Bauer wins the GOP nomination.

The original plan was to vote in the GOP primary merely to vote against Bauer. But these days it seems though he may not even get into the runoff with all the bad press he's getting, so I'm questioning the meaningfulness of it.

There may be a law that says you have to vote in the Republican primary if you want to vote in the Republican runoff. Something to consider if you're wanting to do that later on.

Interesting, if that is true. Then I'll probably vote in the Republican Primary.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:22:12 PM »

I know. Sad Don't you spoiled Charlestonians get Bob Inglis? Grin And everything else good for that matter. Angry

Nope. We're represented by Henry Brown, but after he almost lost to lesbian Lisa Ketner, he decided it was time for him to go. We're about to nominate Tim Scott, who may become the first black Republican since Watts to be elected to Congress. Inglis is the representative for the Greenville area.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The original plan was to vote in the GOP primary merely to vote against Bauer. But these days it seems though he may not even get into the runoff with all the bad press he's getting, so I'm questioning the meaningfulness of it.[/quote]

Barret and McMaster have collapsed, it seems like at least, so it's very possible Bauer will make the runoff with Haley by default as he's running second in some polls. If that man wins the nomination, I will give up on the SC GOP.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Interesting, if that is true. Then I'll probably vote in the Republican Primary.

[/quote][/quote]

You certainly should. I don't know what the Democrats side looks like, but I think Sheehen has the edge against Rex. The black guy running probably won't gain much support, since the only commercial I've heard from him consists of highlighting all the civil rights crap he's done, playing the race card.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 02:29:24 PM »

Vote for whichever candidate you plan on supporting in the general election.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 03:27:48 PM »

How much of a chance does Bauer have of winning?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 03:34:29 PM »

Very small in the intial vote on Tuesday. I believe Haley will win the plurality, but there's little chance she wins the majority unless there is a huge backlash against Bauer and a huge wave of sympathy surrounds Haley, pushing her over the line. Bauer has been running second in some recent polls, about 15% behind Haley, but his campaign seems to have a bit of momentum while McMaster and Barret have been collapsing/out of the news. So he has a great chance at making the runoff.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »

Very small in the intial vote on Tuesday. I believe Haley will win the plurality, but there's little chance she wins the majority unless there is a huge backlash against Bauer and a huge wave of sympathy surrounds Haley, pushing her over the line. Bauer has been running second in some recent polls, about 15% behind Haley, but his campaign seems to have a bit of momentum while McMaster and Barret have been collapsing/out of the news. So he has a great chance at making the runoff.

Ah. I was going to suggest voting in the Republican Primary to try and stop Bauer, but, if he's that far behind, I guess, Gio, vote in whichever one you despise more! Grin
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 03:39:18 PM »

Ah. I was going to suggest voting in the Republican Primary to try and stop Bauer, but, if he's that far behind, I guess, Gio, vote in whichever one you despise more! Grin

The problem is if he makes the runoff, he could have a chance at beating Haley. His negatives are sky high, but I'm sure there are elements within the SC GOP that would not want to support a woman if they had the choice (though I bet they come around in the general). I don't trust my state enough not to vote Bauer in if he makes a runoff.

My dream would be a McMaster/Haley runoff because it eliminates my two least favorite candidates, but I doubt that happens. Tuesday will be interesting though.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »

Whichever primary you vote in will be publicly stored forever
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 05:32:18 PM »

Vote out the scumbag.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »

Vote out the scumbag
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 06:50:48 PM »

The law is that in order to vote in a party runoff, you must not have voted in the primary of a different party.  It is legal to vote in neither primary and then vote in either runoff.

If the polls are to be trusted, Sheheen should win, but may face a runoff.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies