NV: Mason-Dixon: Angle ahead in GOP Primary and General Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:27:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  NV: Mason-Dixon: Angle ahead in GOP Primary and General Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV: Mason-Dixon: Angle ahead in GOP Primary and General Election  (Read 2150 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2010, 08:15:15 AM »

New Poll: Nevada Senator by Mason-Dixon on 2010-06-03

Summary: D: 41%, R: 44%, I: 3%, U: 12%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

GOP Primary:

Angle: 32%
Tarkanian: 24%
Lowden: 23%

GE:

Angle vs. Reid: 44-41
Tarkanian vs. Reid: 46-39
Lowden vs. Reid: 41-42
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 11:27:20 AM »

It seems the inmates have been let out of the asylum here, there and everywhere, and as they left, someone registered them all to vote. I never remember an election with so many nutters running around, garnished by folks who seem almost sociopathic in their irresistible impulse to lie.  Why can't we get back to just old fashioned sex scandals and larceny stuff?  Ah, the days of innocence.

In fact, just who the F is running right now that seems likely to secure a nomination to a statewide office who is really estimable? Oh, Portman. OK. And Wyden. Does this bother anyone else?  Or do you think the candidate quality is just ducky?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »

Ha LOL. Though if the GOP voters develop some smarts I guess they could go ahead and nominate Tarkanian, but I';m not going to be on that.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 11:31:35 AM »

These "nutters" will have a New-Deal style permanent majority once the European economy collapses and takes the US/Obama down with it. It is another, but major, step towards the eventual actualization of the US as a Fascist State.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »

These "nutters" will have a New-Deal style permanent majority once the European economy collapses and takes the US/Obama down with it. It is another, but major, step towards the eventual actualization of the US as a Fascist State.

Yes, the strong GOP showing in FL-19 and landslide taking of John Murtha's seat were just the first steps.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 11:38:36 AM »

Can you elaborate a bit more as to what an "actualized" US "Fascist State" would be like?  I mean would Atlas shut down because we would not have elections?  Or was this just meant to be just a bit of venting on your part for therapeutic purposes Beet?  Smiley
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »

Beet needs to be more clear when he's doing the latter. See this for example. Even today I can't figure out if it was supposed to be a serious question or not: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=82053.0
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 04:29:16 PM »

Bye, bye Harry Reid, even with Angle he is losing time for a new democratic leader anyways.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 06:24:47 PM »

...this is singlehandedly the most paranoid thing I've ever read.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 08:01:08 PM »

The Kos poll is just as bad as when they had Specter winning and actually he was behind Toomey back in March.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 09:43:23 PM »

Can you elaborate a bit more as to what an "actualized" US "Fascist State" would be like?  I mean would Atlas shut down because we would not have elections?  Or was this just meant to be just a bit of venting on your part for therapeutic purposes Beet?  Smiley

It would be extremely right wing hegemonic. We would still have elections, but they wouldn't be determined by whether the GOP adopted 'nutter' policies, because a large majority would vote for the GOP by default. So, for example, all of the things the far right has dreamed of doing in the past 30 years but has not been able to do because of the median voter theory, they would do.

That is the next step; however it is not necessarily the final step. The final step towards the fascist state comes as democracy ultimately collapses in any meaningful form. There are either no elections, or rigged elections where only one party and its allies have a meaningful chance at a fair count. A strong centralized state with broad populist appeal seeks to tap into the full energies of its (majority) control over the populace, with unpredictable results.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 10:52:54 PM »

What Beet is saying has some truth to it guys. It's hyperbolic and overly paranoid but at the same time with a collapsing global economy, some of his predictions might end up coming true. I strongly disagree about his thoughts regarding the aftermath of a gigantic GOP tidal wave. There would be large scale consequences but Obama as president the country would be saved from disaster. Of course when 2013 begins, America would be jumping off of a cliff and it would be the begginning of our downfall.

On the brightside if an economy collapse were to happen(it already is happening) it would mean that this two party system would end. The Democrats could restructure themselves into a real Social Democratic party that would come back to power and many of the forces that red avys hate would not be included in this coalition.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 01:09:31 AM »

It would be extremely right wing hegemonic. We would still have elections, but they wouldn't be determined by whether the GOP adopted 'nutter' policies, because a large majority would vote for the GOP by default. So, for example, all of the things the far right has dreamed of doing in the past 30 years but has not been able to do because of the median voter theory, they would do.

That is the next step; however it is not necessarily the final step. The final step towards the fascist state comes as democracy ultimately collapses in any meaningful form. There are either no elections, or rigged elections where only one party and its allies have a meaningful chance at a fair count. A strong centralized state with broad populist appeal seeks to tap into the full enerou would sgies of its (majority) control over the populace, with unpredictable results.

A permanant GOP majority, especially with the current far-right, would trigger a secessionist movement within New England in a little over one term. There is no way people would remain in a state in which their political views had zero chance at representation, and the Democratic leaning areas do not have the problem of minorities, like GOP strongholds such as Texas do, to prevent them from seceding. Mark my words,. if you had such a situation, it would be the 1850s in the south over again, in the sense that even the Republicans in the NE would be secessionist and you would see. Ideology would become part and partial with regional identity, and with the GOp viewed as southern and western party, there would be zero support from it even from normally right-leaning voters. See what happened to the Conservatives in Scotland.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 01:58:54 AM »

These "nutters" will have a New-Deal style permanent majority once the European economy collapses and takes the US/Obama down with it. It is another, but major, step towards the eventual actualization of the US as a Fascist State Total Awesomeness.

Fixed.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 02:21:01 AM »

Absolutely dreadful.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2010, 10:49:41 AM by Torie »

Tarkanian claims that he has a shot at winning the primary, and claims his internal poll shows him beating Angle by 7% in Clark County (and down 1% to Lowden, rather than being down 5% in the Mason Dixon poll), as opposed to being down 2% or so in Clark per the Mason Dixon poll.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 06:40:17 PM »

The Kos poll was clearly wrong I believe this poll.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies