Saudi Clerics Call For Adult Breast-Feeding
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:06:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saudi Clerics Call For Adult Breast-Feeding  (Read 2125 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:46:50 PM »

http://www.timesnewsline.com/news/Saudi-Clerics-Call-For-Adult-Breast-Feeding-1275746201/

5 June, 2010    

In a surprising development, two senior Saudi clerics today said that Saudi Arabia’s women should give their breast milk to male colleagues and acquaintances in order to safeguard the Islamic law that forbids mixing between the sexes. The clerics, however, failed to reach an agreement among each other on how the milk should be conveyed.

Recently a fatwa had been issued in the country about adult breast-feeding to establish "maternal relations" and preclude the possibility of sexual contact. The fatwa has already generated enough debates and it is likely that the debate over such explicit topics may force the Saudi government to introduce stricter regulations about how and when fatwas should be issued.

Sheikh Al Obeikan, an adviser to the royal court and consultant to the Ministry of Justice, had recently said that women who come into regular contact with men, who are not their relatives, should give them their breast milk in order to make them their relatives.

"The man should take the milk, but not directly from the breast of the woman. He should drink it and then becomes a relative of the family, a fact that allows him to come in contact with the women without breaking Islam's rules about mixing," Al Obeikan said, according to Gulf News. "

Obeikan’s remarks were followed by an announcement by another powerful Saudi cleric Abi Ishaq Al Huwaini, who asked women to allow the men to suckle the milk directly from their breast.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »

What?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »

Kinky... 
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:54:15 AM »

Welcome to the 13th century!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 08:25:09 AM »

I'm not sure people took this particular way out of it in any century...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »

So which Saudi cleric will they listen to?  The one who says go to the source for it.....or the other one?   

Yowza.......
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 10:41:42 AM »

IIRC this isn't a new idea. I recall hearing it a year or so ago.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »

IIRC this isn't a new idea. I recall hearing it a year or so ago.

Yes, from some Egypt's clerics.

I must say I love the spreading of this idea, and each time I see this news title it raises joy in me.

Thanks Islam.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »

...I think this warrants a censor dodge.

WHAT THE FUCK?
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »

How does this make them a relative? I'm sure there are plenty of men out there who have done this with their spouse, does that mean that they are having sexual relations with a relative if they engage in actual sex?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 09:21:07 PM »

How does this make them a relative? I'm sure there are plenty of men out there who have done this with their spouse, does that mean that they are having sexual relations with a relative if they engage in actual sex?

It's well established in Islamic doctrine that breastfeeding creates a bond between the two.  What different schools of Islamic thought differ on is how many feedings it takes (some say one is sufficient, but others say five or ten), whether it can be created after the the breastfeeder reaches a certain age (generally the rule is the breastfeeding must be done before the age of two -  Islamic thought says that a infant younger than two has a right to breastfeed if he or she desires and should not be forcibly weaned before then) and to what degree it makes relatives of the pair mahram to each other.

However, even if one accepts the doctrine of these clerics, that doesn't mean that women can breastfeed adult men.  They'd have to express some breast milk (or get a female relative to do it) and then offer it to the man in question.  The bond created by milk allows for some loosening of the rules on male-female interaction, but not that loose.

So there's nothing kinky here unless drinking human milk from a glass is a fetish of yours.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 03:01:44 AM »

It's well established in Islamic doctrine that breastfeeding creates a bond between the two.  What different schools of Islamic thought differ on is how many feedings it takes (some say one is sufficient, but others say five or ten), whether it can be created after the the breastfeeder reaches a certain age (generally the rule is the breastfeeding must be done before the age of two -  Islamic thought says that a infant younger than two has a right to breastfeed if he or she desires and should not be forcibly weaned before then) and to what degree it makes relatives of the pair mahram to each other.

However, even if one accepts the doctrine of these clerics, that doesn't mean that women can breastfeed adult men.  They'd have to express some breast milk (or get a female relative to do it) and then offer it to the man in question.  The bond created by milk allows for some loosening of the rules on male-female interaction, but not that loose.

So there's nothing kinky here unless drinking human milk from a glass is a fetish of yours.

Did you read the article? One of the clerics does call for direct drinking from the breast.

And, useful idiot, plenty of men have drank milk from their spouse's breast? ew...
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 07:31:22 AM »

Thankfully this isn't the majority view of either the aristocratic elite or the growing Saudi urban middle-class.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 10:25:25 AM »

Did you read the article? One of the clerics does call for direct drinking from the breast.

And, useful idiot, plenty of men have drank milk from their spouse's breast? ew...

I assume so. You taste it to see if it's spoiled or to test it after warming it up before feeding the baby from a bottle.

As far as going directly to the source I don't know, but pregnant women are horny and most women have children if they're married, so I'm sure it's happened during the course of sex.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »

I assume so. You taste it to see if it's spoiled or to test it after warming it up before feeding the baby from a bottle.

As far as going directly to the source I don't know, but pregnant women are horny and most women have children if they're married, so I'm sure it's happened during the course of sex.

Kissing nipples during sex does not equal drinking milk from it. And is it really that common with indirect breast-feeding through a bottle?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »

Well, that second guy's definitely a fringe kook (and probably one with a kink).  Standard Islamic theology says that a woman can't breastfeed in front of a mahram without covering up both baby and breast with a blanket or the like, so since the man in question won't even be mahram until after he has breastfed, I can't see how one could justify a woman exposing the breast to breastfeed him unless the guy was blind, or there were some other extenuating circumstances.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »

As I understand it, that sort of tasting wouldn't count as a breastfeeding under Islamic law.  It has to be a full feeding, with enough milk to quench the hunger or empty the breast.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 05:47:16 PM »

Wat
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »

Well, that second guy's definitely a fringe kook (and probably one with a kink).  Standard Islamic theology says that a woman can't breastfeed in front of a mahram without covering up both baby and breast with a blanket or the like, so since the man in question won't even be mahram until after he has breastfed, I can't see how one could justify a woman exposing the breast to breastfeed him unless the guy was blind, or there were some other extenuating circumstances.

I'm not an expert on Islam theology, but it isn't how things have seemed to me, given the long debate on the topic. I realize that a lot of people do probably hang out with each other anyway though.
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2010, 06:52:12 PM by useful idiot »

It's well established in Islamic doctrine that breastfeeding creates a bond between the two.  What different schools of Islamic thought differ on is how many feedings it takes (some say one is sufficient, but others say five or ten), whether it can be created after the the breastfeeder reaches a certain age (generally the rule is the breastfeeding must be done before the age of two -  Islamic thought says that a infant younger than two has a right to breastfeed if he or she desires and should not be forcibly weaned before then) and to what degree it makes relatives of the pair mahram to each other.

However, even if one accepts the doctrine of these clerics, that doesn't mean that women can breastfeed adult men.  They'd have to express some breast milk (or get a female relative to do it) and then offer it to the man in question.  The bond created by milk allows for some loosening of the rules on male-female interaction, but not that loose.

Kissing nipples during sex does not equal drinking milk from it. And is it really that common with indirect breast-feeding through a bottle?

I'm not saying I've done it or know anyone who has told me they've done it(I doubt anyone would bring something like that up in polite general conversation). I'm just saying that I know there are a lot of people out there for whom it's a fetish, and even if it wasn't a fetish, given the pure number of people out there who have had kids I'm sure plenty of people have done it.

And yeah, I'd say it's pretty common for a guy feeding their baby to test the milk before giving it to them.

As I understand it, that sort of tasting wouldn't count as a breastfeeding under Islamic law.  It has to be a full feeding, with enough milk to quench the hunger or empty the breast.

Well I wouldn't know about that, but that would seem pretty weird for a grown man to do.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 10:20:38 PM »

Is this spam?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies