Second Terms. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:20:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Second Terms. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Second Terms.  (Read 3162 times)
cpeeks
« on: June 14, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »

I will say that Eisenhower, Reagan, and Clinton had successful second terms for the most part.

Ike-1958 and 1960 recessions
Reagan-Iran-Contra
Clinton-Impeachment

Those are all minor. I've never heard anything bad about the 50's. How bad of a recession was it. The 1960 Presidential Election made the US look like heaven so Ike must have left on a good note. Ronald Reagan wasn't effected badly by that scandal and obviously recovered in no time. Clinton was popular when he left office because the GOP fell for his trick and went after his affair when there were 900 other things he could've been impeached for.

900 Things? Really? Didnt Kenneth Star investigate him for 8 years and spend 80 million dollars, and didnt come up with one thing except for the lying under oath. Talk about a witch hunt. Too bad we didnt have an independent counsel when Dubya was in office. I would love to have seen that investigation, and trial that would have resulted.
cpeeks
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2010, 07:39:06 PM by cpeeks »

HMM if Kenneth Star could have proved any of that he would have charged him.
cpeeks
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »

I wish Bush would've been more like his first term in his second term.

I really cant say it was any worse than is first, unlike some people I understand Katrina wasnt his fault. He cant controll a hurricane, and for the first week they couldnt do anything till the waters resended. Those people knew what was coming, they shoulda left.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies