Rules of Order
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:19:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Rules of Order
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rules of Order  (Read 587 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:29:27 PM »
« edited: July 19, 2015, 11:42:53 PM by Governor TNF »

Setting up a few basic parameters, which can and will be modified as we go down the path of re-building this game. Please note any concerns, suggestions, and whatnot in the Parliament thread, we can approve changes as are necessary to ensure the smooth functioning of the game.

1. For the purposes of developing the essential parameters of the game itself (i.e. determining the electoral system, creating constituencies, etc.), the first ten posters who declare their intent to participate in the game in the Provisional Parliament thread shall be considered members of Parliament for the Provisional Parliament, which shall be tasked with developing the parameters of the game proper and making sure that they are replaced by a duly elected Parliament.

2. The Provisional Parliament shall elect a Speaker which shall open and close debate, administer votes, and certify the results of said votes.

3. Debates shall be held within a period of twenty-four (24) hours. Motions may be made to extend debate for an additional twenty-four (24) hours, which shall be recognized unless the motion to extend debate is opposed by an MP. In the event that opposition is declared, a vote shall be conducted by the Speaker within the previously allotted debate time. A majority vote opposing the extension of debate must be garnered in order to close debate and open a vote on the motion being debated.

4. In order to proceed with a final vote on a motion before the end of the scheduled debate time, a 'second' must be obtained from another MP, who shall announce his or her support for ending debate and having a final vote on the motion in question within the allotted debate time, after such a proposal has been raised on the floor by another MP and recognized by the Speaker. If any are opposed, a vote shall be held, and should a majority vote against the motion to end debate, debate shall continue within the allotted time period.

5. The Provisional Parliament shall elect a Provisional Cabinet, with all powers due it under standard parliamentary procedure. In addition, the office of Game Moderator, which shall not be a member of the cabinet, is hereby recognized as being held by Foucaulf. Likewise, the office of Registrar General, who shall maintain the voting rolls for the Mock Parliament, is hereby awarded to Turkisblau. These persons shall serve in the capacities granted to them, with their powers and terms of office established by the Provisional Parliament.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 11:30:32 PM »

I declare my intent to participate. I will sit as a member and leader of The Pioneers.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 11:44:15 PM »

All such intentions should be posted in the Provisional Parliament thread, ChairmanSanchez, which shall be posted shortly. I would also advise everyone to re-read the initial post in this thread, as it has been modified to reflect changes discussed on the IRC.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 11:46:50 PM »

All such intentions should be posted in the Provisional Parliament thread, ChairmanSanchez, which shall be posted shortly. I would also advise everyone to re-read the initial post in this thread, as it has been modified to reflect changes discussed on the IRC.
My apologies. I missed that earlier.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies