McCain vs Obama 2008 with...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:31:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  McCain vs Obama 2008 with...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain vs Obama 2008 with...  (Read 1658 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2010, 12:31:15 AM »
« edited: June 09, 2010, 12:38:07 AM by SE Gov. JBrase »

Lee Atwater as McCain's manager. If Atwater was alive for 2008, how much of a differance could he have made?
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 12:32:32 AM »

NC and IN flip to McCain. No other changes.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:33:09 AM »

#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:53:08 AM »

Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »

I give McCain 247.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »

I don't think anything changes because Obama still has an army of jobless people (whose money earners are at work) to volunteer, people from Saudi Arabia and Kenya donating money illegally, and of course, First Name Last Name, of Detroit, in his corner.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 10:40:09 PM »

I don't think anything changes because Obama still has an army of jobless people (whose money earners are at work) to volunteer, people from Saudi Arabia and Kenya donating money illegally, and of course, First Name Last Name, of Detroit, in his corner.
Haha, I like you. Smiley
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »

Atwater's smear tactics were legendary. He definetly could've stoaked tension in places like Florida or North Carolina with a "Reverend Wright" ad.

Not to mention any competent campaign manager would've told McCain to stop going for broke in Pennsylvania, when it wasn't making a difference.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 10:52:54 PM »

Atwater's smear tactics were legendary. He definetly could've stoaked tension in places like Florida or North Carolina with a "Reverend Wright" ad.

Not to mention any competent campaign manager would've told McCain to stop going for broke in Pennsylvania, when it wasn't making a difference.

People told McCain to attack Obama on Wright and the rest of Obama's controversial associations. It was McCain himself who refused to go through with that.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 10:59:19 PM »

I think the biggest problen was that the nom of Sarah Palin was amazingly short-sighted. It was only done to distract people from Obama's DNC speech, and it worked, but it didn't really pan out for the election.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »

I think the biggest problen was that the nom of Sarah Palin was amazingly short-sighted. It was only done to distract people from Obama's DNC speech, and it worked, but it didn't really pan out for the election.

It worked until the financial crisis.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 08:45:10 PM »

Yes and no.

All things considered, McCain needed media-attention. His campaign needed an overall "buzz."

Consider the other VP picks.

Romney? Bad blood, integrity issues, etc. (Flip-flops discounted, he was at best, a generic 'conservative' and had the image of a used car salesman.)

T-Paw? Yawn.

Kay-Bay? Not necessarily a bad pick, but some already skeptical of McCain would've been turned off by her being pro-choice.

Lieberman? That would've gotten ugly.

So really, all of these picks are at best, lackluster. McCain didn't need a regular pass, he needed a Hail Mary. Unfortunately, it didn't catch.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 11:27:30 AM »

Haha army of jobless people? I heard that.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »

McCain is a selfless moral man who does what's right in the face of adversity regardless of the political cost.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 12:39:44 PM »

McCain is a selfless moral man who does what's right in the face of adversity regardless of the political cost.

Same for Palin.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »

Same for Palin.

Yes they are both great people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies