The Curious Case of Alvin Greene (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:01:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Curious Case of Alvin Greene (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ***
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: The Curious Case of Alvin Greene  (Read 15601 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:32 AM »

I know in Massachusetts, veterans are able to have their veteran status listed on the ballot. Is that the case in South Carolina? Because if so, it's way easier to understand how a nobody could win a primary filled with (let's face it) two nobodies.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:30:38 AM »

Px, have you read my comments in this thread at all?

He qualified for a public defender a few months ago, and to do that you have to basically prove in court that you don't have 10k in the bank, and he's been unemployed since.  And on top of that, he spent no time actually campaigning despite that massive investment

I've read them. But our Republican forumites seem to ignore all these bizarre facts and focus on strawmen like voter fraud.

It's also really hard to get outraged over "maybe something bad happened here." Especially when the result has no impact on who wins in November.

If someone finds some actual evidence of wrong doing, then we'll have a story going.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 11:52:38 AM »

If this election ever does become close (and I mean this without scandals or similar anomalies), SC has some serious problems to take care of.

The "serious problem" here mostly stems from a SC Democratic Party that's unable to run a candidate for State Senate who's unable to beat, essentially, a nobody with an attractive sounding last name.

If Greene is indeed a Republican shell candidate, then the SC GOP needs lessons on how to better run shell candidates.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 01:23:34 PM »

Well, this is an issue because there seems to be SOMETHING shady going on, and while DeMint will be reelected, I think it deserves sorting out.

I think this is likely a case where Democrats want there to be a lot more to this than there is. Obviously, there are a lot of talented, well-paid folks taking a look at Greene and what happened in this election, so you may still get your answer. You seem to be the only one asking the right questions.

I think that the other question -- how can one guy no one knows beat some other guy no one knows -- is pretty ridiculous. Despite that, though, Dave Axelrod and other Democrats seem to be focusing on it.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 03:16:20 PM »

The guy is unemployed. What unemployed regular joe has $10,000 sitting around that they can spend on a run for the US Senate that they have no intention of doing any campaigning for! It's like throwing money in the trash.

From the sounds of things, he put together a campaign for Senate. Just ... the kind of campaign for Senate you'd expect an 11th grader in a Social Studies class to come up with.

"I'll make this flyer in word... yeah, center it so it looks nice and official... and go to Kinkos and get ... hmmm... oh, that's ... canary yellow? Does that paper cost extra?"
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 08:27:19 AM »

Lunar will likely soon have his answers!

http://www.thestate.com/2010/06/28/1353788/us-sen-race-greenes-finances-subject.html

"Harpootlian, who has extensive criminal law experience, said it’s rare for law enforcement to actually verify bank accounts of people who claim they don’t have enough money to hire a private attorney and therefore qualify for a taxpayer-paid lawyer. If someone deliberately lied about their financial resources to get a free lawyer, Harpootlian said, that could be grounds for criminal charges."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies